Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please Explain High End Selvedge Jeans to Me

These aren't nearly as baggy as the 201s, tbh (though I admit my 201s are several sizes too big in the waist, to wear with suspenders and get a REALLY full cut. The more recent 505s I've seen are rather more skinnily cut and lower rise. Edwin do tend to tweak bits and pieces of fit year by year. Sometime they'll put out another fuller cut pair. The 1933 501s are not my favourite cut. I'd prefer more space in the seat and thighs.

Nah, more like a busy day on the docks, chief! Didn't realise that Edwin did such a 'full cut pair', they're pretty close to LVC 1920 201s, eh? Guess I'm a way heftier build than your good self cos my 1933s fit more like straight leg jeans and the waist isn't high enuff for me, so I hardly wear 'em anymore...

simonc

Practically Family
^ after a little snooping around they are sanforized so they won't shrink so buy your size. My issue is the rear rise I bloody hate crack flashers, so I want to know how high/low they are against 501xx

majormajor

One Too Many
They look to have a very "modern" cut - "tapered from the knee to the ankle". NONE of my Lees do that.

A brilliant price, but I'll be passing on them:D;)

yeah majormajor has a pair.

No, I don't - I only wear 1930/50's cut Lees - but they look a lot like the pair Schitzo wears on the recent Lee 23oz thread.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
The weight and price of these Asos Lees was initially very tempting, but I was in two minds about the fit. Luckily MM's comments have confirmed they're not for me, so I'm glad I didn't jump in.

FWIW, I'm reliably informed by my 22-year-old fashionista daughter that my 1950s Freddies jeans with cuffs are far too baggy to be fashionable, which bothers me not a jot. I like the look and feel of the wide legs and high waist, which isn't in the slightest bit modern to my eyes.

Wide legs are very fashionable among the youth of the Indian subcontinental population of northeast London. They're far more fashion-conscious than the "locals" (even though they are, of course, second/third generation, and so "local", but you know what I mean) and are very appreciative, on the whole of individual looks and have picked up on the "vintage thing" in my own style. By contrast, I am typically barked at mercilessly by the EDL/NF types who occupy my local bullet-riddled bar (not a piece of selvedge in sight!).

Fashion/trend/style is in the eye of the beholder!

Alistar79

Familiar Face
^ after a little snooping around they are sanforized so they won't shrink so buy your size. My issue is the rear rise I bloody hate crack flashers, so I want to know how high/low they are against 501xx

The pics i've seen of these look pretty safe to me as majormajor says they look like a modern cut. I've taken the plunge anyway so will let you know come
next week.

schitzo

Suspended
Alistair thanks for the awesome heads up i reckon that's me sorted for the next 20 years lol

@ Simon, he who hesitates masturbates! Seriously buddy, for £85 there is nothing to think about here.

And for anyone else who might be curious, these are excellent jeans that fit somewhere in between straight and slim, definitely not skinny. Waist is not true to size i.e. size 32 measures about 35", so they're big. Also, they do not shrink

majormajor

One Too Many
he who hesitates masturbates!

WHAT?? So you know that, do you, Schitz????

As they say, it takes one to know.....:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

THIS is what these jeans look like (on Schitz - complete with lame footwear). If it is a look you wish to embrace - buy some. But count me out:D;)

qzil.jpg

Last edited:

Alistar79

Familiar Face
And for anyone else who might be curious, these are excellent jeans that fit somewhere in between straight and slim, definitely not skinny. Waist is not true to size i.e. size 32 measures about 35", so they're big. Also, they do not shrink[/QUOTE]

I ordered 36w 32 leg can cuff an inch on the leg no problem but may need to leave the gym alone for a while if am to get a 'good fit'. They have some
cracking discounts in the shoe department to.

Seriously though if i need to bring the waist in a bit can your average alterations shop deal with this heavy denim?

schitzo

Suspended
WHAT?? So you know that, do you, Schitz????

As they say, it takes one to know.....:eusa_clap:eusa_clap[huh]

MM, I saw that link and I pounced!

And on this subject - since it's clearly an area of interest for you - no I do not claim to be a special case separate from the rest of mankind. I'll leave you to work out that equation for yourself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24