Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please Help Me Cure My Indecision

Edward

Bartender
Don't have a panier where you could stick one and ride with both? Both look grand in the photos. Can't see a problem with the Aero; could be the photo, or it might just not be what you're after of you favour the Thurston 'sprayed-on' house-fit... [huh] The Johnson looks really nice. If the fit of the Aero just doesn't work for you, it might be one to move on, but I'd be wary of shifting the Johnson on if the fitg is perfect, just because of the colour. So, so often I've picked up a couple of things - pocket squares, ties, jackets, shoes, whatever - and had a very pronounced favourite, only to discover over time that I actually far prefer the one of two or three that wasn't my stand-out favourite to begin with. You may well find the colour grows on you...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Johnson is probably a safer bet size wise unless you can obtain a fit jacket through Aero. For some reason, everyone seems to have luck on their first try with Johnson. I've had three of them. However, you'll need an Aero down the line too. The parasite of Aero FQHH lust has already entered your body. Ain't no doctor with a cure either. :) Both make phenomenal jackets. I'm slightly partial to Johnson, but I'm slightly partial to Aero. lol

Apologies for skimming through your OP post. Seems like you already have the fit nailed down.

Last edited:

tblay

One of the Regulars
Just curious. For those of you who've re-dyed a jacket: If I re-dyed the JL jacket, would that cause it to patina differently? It basically has no wear/looks new right now, so I wouldn't be covering up any wear. But I also want it to be able to age beautifully. If re-dying will interfere with that, I'll live with the Tan.

Just curious. For those of you who've re-dyed a jacket: If I re-dyed the JL jacket, would that cause it to patina differently? It basically has no wear/looks new right now, so I wouldn't be covering up any wear. But I also want it to be able to age beautifully. If re-dying will interfere with that, I'll live with the Tan.

Read the first page and the next on this link about a successful dye job and just what product was used... http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?80742-Took-a-chance-on-an-eBay-Langlitz-Cascade/page4
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24