Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

please, help me decide what hats to buy

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
foto hoed.jpg

This is me yesterday with $15 crappy hat. Upgrade is definately necessary. If only to get a somewhat bigger brim!

ingineer

One Too Many
Sergej;
The hats suit you, but one hat is just like one pair of shoes. Rotation makes everything last longer.
More stuff less wear.
How many umbellas do you own, bet it is more than 3, maybe even a Senz?
Welkom btw from this old Freis

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice choices and they suit you well. In response to your question, I felt a bit self-conscious at first. Soon, though, I became more and more used to it, and now I often forget I have one on. If you think about it, not wearing one is far sillier than doing so. Here in Miami I'd be a fool to walk out in the burning sun without one. Besides, I know that people's opinions of such things don't matter, as they'll all be rushing to the stores to buy them when the fashion changes.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Sergej;
The hats suit you, but one hat is just like one pair of shoes. Rotation makes everything last longer.
More stuff less wear.
How many umbellas do you own, bet it is more than 3, maybe even a Senz?
Welkom btw from this old Freis

Yeah, I was afraid it would work that way. I'm already thinking about my next hat!!!

When I bought my first dress hat, it was going to be for dressing nice and special occasions. Within the first month, I decided to be a wear it every day guy. Of course, that was a couple of dozen hats ago...

So like ingineer, no chance of staying with just two hats it seems, oh boy.....

Very nice choices and they suit you well. In response to your question, I felt a bit self-conscious at first. Soon, though, I became more and more used to it, and now I often forget I have one on. If you think about it, not wearing one is far sillier than doing so. Here in Miami I'd be a fool to walk out in the burning sun without one. Besides, I know that people's opinions of such things don't matter, as they'll all be rushing to the stores to buy them when the fashion changes.

Haha, true words!!! Wear what you like. If others don't like it they are free to look the other way:)

Yeah, I was afraid it would work that way. I'm already thinking about my next hat!!!

So like ingineer, no chance of staying with just two hats it seems, oh boy.....

Well, you see, you need your everyday hat, then your special occasion hat, then you need a grey one, then a brown one, for when you wear those colors, then a green one for wearing darker earth tones, then the same colors in a couple of other styles you like. So that's about 9-10 right there. Then there are the straws and Milans for summer, which will nearly double the count...

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Well, you see, you need your everyday hat, then your special occasion hat, then you need a grey one, then a brown one, for when you wear those colors, then a green one for wearing darker earth tones, then the same colors in a couple of other styles you like. So that's about 9-10 right there. Then there are the straws and Milans for summer, which will nearly double the count...
Aha. So that means I'll need to buy another eight hats or so. I'll tell my wife that she and the kids can't have any new clothes for the remainder of the year....or food for that matter. I'm sure she'll understand [emoji53]

Aha. So that means I'll need to buy another eight hats or so. I'll tell my wife that she and the kids can't have any new clothes for the remainder of the year....or food for that matter. I'm sure she'll understand [emoji53]

Eh, my wife came around, and without all that food, we've both returned to our sveldt figures we had in our 20s!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I had a good laugh reading this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner