Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please tell me I didn't overpay

budward

One of the Regulars
I'd say you made out like a bandit. That looks like an old one, and I'm surprised it didn't go for over a hundred. Or more. Congrats.

Budreaux

spiridon

A-List Customer
so it was YOU!!!! .......LOL :cheers1: ....just kidding, I saw that one, took a look but didn't appear to be my size. Congrats on a fine purchase.:cheers1:

....I loved the "desription"......."New, but looks used".;)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That is a bargain for that price. It is a beautiful hat. You're fortunate, many vintage hats tend to be in smaller sizes. 6 1/2 is too small for my big noggin. I've never seen a hat that small. If it ends up being a 7 1/2, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Wolf

New in Town
Hemingway Jones said:
That is a bargain for that price. It is a beautiful hat. You're fortunate, many vintage hats tend to be in smaller sizes. 6 1/2 is too small for my big noggin. I've never seen a hat that small. If it ends up being a 7 1/2, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

6 1/2 is too small for me, but if you look at the questions, several folks asked what the inner measurement was, 21.5" which should fit perfectly. We'll find out soon.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
The seller says in the Q&A that it has a "5" tag. If that's the French size 5, and it's quite possible that it is, then that equates to a U.S. size of 7 1/8, which corresponds to an interior circumference of 22 1/4". Given the trouble many sellers have in measuring hats, or even knowing what the word "circumference" means, that's pretty close to the seller's measurement of 21.5".

So, that's my guess: 7 1/8.

If that's the case, you got the hat for a good price. Had it been a larger size, say, 7 1/2 or 7 5/8, it probably would have gone for well over $100.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice hat- good price.:cheers1: Got a feeling it'll probably end up about 6 7/8. I've measured my head with a tape and got about 21.5 but can wear 6 7/8 - 7 sizes nicely. I could be measuring wrong too.

Wolf

New in Town
Received it today. What a beautiful hat. I love the light weight felt on it. It is a little large. But not too bad, does need reblocked and the brim shaped better. I'm thinking I might send it off to have it profesionally done.

Wolf

New in Town
photobyalan hit the size, I think. I wear a 6 7/8 pretty good. This hat is a little too large, but I think I can live with it. Once it's cleaned and blocked, we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy