Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Knife

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I just got this one to possibly use as a weekend knife. The jury is still out as to whether it'll get the nod...or be relegated to the display case. Its a Logan Smyth Paratrooper. Logan Smyth was one of several contractors who made this knife for the military, Camillus being another. I think the Logan Smyth contract was not renewed because of quality issues with their knives. This particular knife seems OK, but so far, the toughest job its had was to open my mail and punch a hole in my coffee cup's lid.

1006121023a-1.jpg

AF

Blewbyou

New in Town
I finally got around to taking a pic of my knives. The Big Case I use for Weekends. The Swiss army knife I use for work and the Small case baby butterbean I use for going out casual like.
ry%3D400

bulldog1935

Suspended
A couple of beauties to show off - Moore Maker trapper with bighorn sheep scales
aP2220005.jpg

and my favorite camp knife, a Bark River custom Woodland with bighorn scales and matching firesteel
bhbr.jpg

this one went on a New Mexico trip summer before last
aP7040043.jpg

and speaking of hungry, here's a Mark Waite bird & trout at lunch in Alaska.
P7291915.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I usually carry a Swiss Army Executive that I was gifted decades ago. I also have a collection that has accrued to me from various family that range from dress models ( Cartier, Tiffany, for use with pocket watches) to run of the mill outdoor models.

preacherman

New in Town
I carry a cheap but nice looking linerlock knife most of the time. I also have an antique Queen pen knife with mother-of-pearl handles that I carry on dressier occasions. My pocketknife of choice seems to change often as I am a collector of them.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Too many to carry so selling them off. Pixs of my knives from the recent 2013 Oregon Knife Collectors show. The pearl handled ones got washed out by the flash.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Only push button in there bb is the large Schrade folding hunter, second up from the bottom left, top photo. The Presto's sell quick.

Jack Patch

Familiar Face
I have an old Winchester I carry in my pocket at all times and a small Swiss knife on my key chain. Went to pay a ticket on time and the police made me go back out to the car and put the Swiss knife in my locked car.

Surrounded by a dozen armed cops and their worried about a pocket knife?

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
My dad told me to always carry a knife. I am now 52 and still do either in my purse or a pocket. Usually my dad's Case Stockman. I have a lovely sheath knife he gave me that has a metal bear head on the end of the hilt.

Fifty150

One Too Many
As a kid, we had Swiss Army knives in our back packs. As an adult, the Leatherman tool took the spot of the Swiss Army. The Leatherman was just more functional in my back pack, in my glove box, and in my over night bag.

Back in the day, every kid had a pocket knife. We even went to school with them holstered on our belts. Where I grew up, Buck was popular. Most of the kids in my neighborhood had a Buck 110. I have had one of these since the 6th grade. Actually, I still have the same knife that I have had since I was 11, and still carry it daily. This is just one of the best knives on the market.
buck-110-brs.jpg

At work, this is what we carry. The Benchmade AFO. Heavy duty. Stays sharp. One handed operation.
9050.jpg

Kids in The Scouts used to use this knife made by Western.
$(KGrHqRHJCwE9!RbZcqHBPb4Mct)1Q~~60_57.JPG

The rest of us, when we went to camp or went hunting, had the Buck 119. Today, I can carry any knife I want on my tactical gear harness. A lot of guys go for Kabars or something that just looks aggressive. I still carry my Buck 119. And yes, it is the same one that I have had since I was a kid.
KN-BK-BU119_Buck_Black_Hunter_01.jpg

2075rami

One of the Regulars
Fifty150, I still have that exact Buck knife, and my brother and I both got them when I was about 9. I need to dig it out and start carrying it every once in a while. This Case Stockman has been my daily driver for about the last year and a half since my all stainless Spyderco Police Model went missing after a maintenance guy did some work in my apartment.
amyze7ud.jpg

Sent from my iPhone to the interwebs and straight to your brain using Tapatalk

2075rami

One of the Regulars
Turns out my large "Buck" lockback knife is actually stamped "Uncle Henry". I had completely forgotten about that. Guess it really has been a while since I dug it out. I don't think I've carried or used it in 5 or 6 years, at least. Today it came to work with me, though. Sitting in that leather sheath for so many years hasn't exactly done wonders for the brass bolsters, though. Guess I need to polish them up when I get back home this evening.
magebutu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone to the interwebs and straight to your brain using Tapatalk

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Had to don a raincoat today and found this in the pocket, green canvas micarta linerless Lake lock custom from Peter Bromley of Spokane, Wa. You can barely tell it's in your pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn