Pocket Knife

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Jaxenro, Oct 17, 2017.

1. steve u

steve u One of the Regulars

bobm, 3" blade..7" overall. Blade is ATS 34.
    from search "ATS 34 may be the end of your quest. An imported Hitachi steel, ATS 34is a chrome molybdenum alloy that has very small grain size and excellent edge retention. A knife being made of ATS 34 steel. ... It is abrasion resistant, sufficiently hard and corrosion resistant for knife making." steve ... How's the blade?....truthfully, don't no ..never used.

2. Twelvefret

Twelvefret New in Town

3. RJR

RJR

Knife-Boker-AK-Auto.jpg
    Boker AK.

MarkStar, HanauMan, busmatt and 3 others like this.
  4. alanfgag

alanfgag

Thanks... Takeda Hamono is known mostly for excellent kitchen knives but he also produces very nice folding and hunting knives. I’ve posted photos of a few others in the pointy objects thread.

5. Retromoto

Retromoto One of the Regulars

I carry a (2) bladed folding Kabar in a custom leather belt case. I like the steel on the older Kabars and
    don't care to expose what I'm carrying. Knife is 99% covered.

6. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. Streak

Streak New in Town

Here is my new Akubra Tablelands with my new small tan Honey Badger Flipper.

hat3.s.jpg

8. DaveProc

DaveProc One of the Regulars

20190410_065950.jpg 20190410_070100.jpg 20190410_065859.jpg
    Case XX Trapper I have carried everyday since High School.

MarkStar, GLewis, HanauMan and 5 others like this.
  9. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

This is about as fancy as I get these days.
    Yes, it's a box cutter.

Working on an Airforce base, they can tighten down pretty hard on weapons from time to time, including pocket knives. I can pass this off as a working tool since my office is in a warehouse.

Since it is my everyday carry "tool", I don't bother with stepping up to anything dressier when I'm outside of work. [​IMG]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

10. Edward

Edward Bartender

I have something similar - wonderfully practical when you need a Stanleyknife on the move. Not quite the same leverage as the regular version, but it'srre you'd need that anyhow. So much nicer and more pocket-friendly!

busmatt likes this.
  11. Sheepdog149

[​IMG]

Bfd70, MarkStar, Preacher Man and 8 others like this.
  12. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Sheepdog149 likes this.
  13. Thumper15

Thumper15 New in Town

Case Seahorse Whittler is my current everyday carry. I carried a Case Large trapper for years, but it’s so big and heavy it was wearing massive holes in my jeans. I switched to a 3 blade medium stockman, and liked it. This one caught my eye in an online review so I went to Smoky Mountain Knife Works and picked one up. It has been a fantastic carry for almost 3 years. It has a very thick main blade, that is supported by both main springs and it cuts way above its weight class due to the geometry of the wharncliff blade the the super heavy springs and thickness. The small pen and coping blades are amazingly useful. I also carry a leatherman at work because I’m a boat mechanic and it comes in really handy all the time.

Attached Files:

MarkStar, Yamahana, Rockwater and 3 others like this.
  14. Jason29307

Jason29307 New in Town

Hey guys
    this is my first Stiletto Switchblade i made and just finished last week. My next one will look better as learning how all the parts work and how the kick spring function along with getting the buffalo horn cut and shapped. But it works great and the buffalo horn with the steel parts look pretty good. What do you guys think? I have always liked classy Italian and Russian Stiletto's. I have already ordered parts for my next two... :) I am Jason BTW, I lurk here a Lot and have for about a year. Such great information. I am a big collector of things and jackets are one, mostly military and Schott style Perfecto leather as well as boots. I was reading the Engineer boots post and saw this. So greetings to all guys..

Attached Files:

EuroCool and MarkStar like this.
  15. Reginald Buckleaf III

Reginald Buckleaf III New in Town

I have quite a few knives but my EDC knives are a Victorinox Swiss Army in my left pocket and a Benchmade in my right. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockwater likes this.
  16. Sheepdog149

[​IMG]