Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POPS NEEDS OUR HELP!

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
If this isn't allowed here in the fedora lounge, please let me know. I also have posted this in the observation bar, as I didn't know the appropriate place for this

Ladies and Gents,

I know alot of you are swing dancers and jitter buggers and if not, have a love of swing music and have probably heard of Stompy Jones (formally Swing Session). If you are one of those unfortunate souls and have not heard them, I highly suggest checking out some of their music as they are (what I believe) one of the most authentic sounding swing groups around right now. If you are lucky, you've seen Pops perform over the years and maybe even had the chance to meet him (he is the sweetest, most polite man you will meet). Now, you may have heard about a year ago he had to stop singing with Stompy Jones due to falling ill and if you read below, it sounds like he has got quite a bit worse. Anyway, I figured you were the best people to help spread the word and possibly help Pops out. Please read on and if you can, please donate, even just a few bucks will go a long way. Let us all put Pops in our prayers and send good energy his way.

Thank you so much.

emergencyfund.gif

STOMPY JONES' SINGER NEEDS OUR HELP AND HE NEEDS IT NOW!

"POPS" WALSH IS FACING MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS, CAN'T WORK AND NEEDS $3,000 RIGHT NOW TO STAY IN HIS APARTMENT, KEEP HIS HEALTH INSURANCE, AND COVER BASIC BILLS.

If you have seen the movie "Sicko," or ever had a friend or family member who has faced catastrophic illness, you know how fast things can slip from bad to desperate in a matter of a few months. This is just what has happened to Pops (Peter Walsh) and his wife, Lois. They really need our help right now.

As a matter of fact, they need $3,000 by the end of July to pay their rent, their phone, their car, and perhaps most importantly their medical insurance.

LET'S ALL HELP THEM THROUGH THIS! PLEASE VISIT http://rustyfrank.com/pops.asp TO DONATE NOW

Pops has given us so much joy over these past years for his fantastic singing and exuberant entertainment with Stompy Jones (formally Swing Session). We know that there's hardly a swing dancer out there who hasn't had some of their happiest moments on the dance floor when Pops was up at the mike!

Let's not let him slip through the cracks.

Please let everyone know!

FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://rustyfrank.com/pops.asp

Thank you so much!

Swingcerely,

Rusty Frank & Scott Lawrence (The Rhythm Club) (Stompy Jones Pianist
Pops Emergency Fund Co-Founders

stompyjones.jpg

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Donated! Pops is a national treasure! No amount of money could repay him for the countless hours of enjoyment he's given others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda