Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Porkpies

analogist

One of the Regulars
YOU SAY PORKPIE, I SAY TELESCOPE

Hey Ortega.

Those of us in the know wear them all the time. They are cool,sporty, and fun.

I own two Biltmore Milan Porkpies (Telescopes); one natural and one cocoa.
My wife has one natural and one charcoal.

My best one is an Art Fawcett creation in black beaver. The ribbon is a deep cranberry with a bound edge in the very darkest grey. It is so fine!!

If they are good enough for Elvis C. and good enough for you and me, the rest of us should add a couple to our collections.

analogist

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
analogist said:
I own two Biltmore Milan Porkpies (Telescopes); one natural and one cocoa.
My wife has one natural and one charcoal.

The telescope and porkpie seem different to me.
Porkpie is a much tighter fold, often leading to a flat top,
while telescope is a rounded treatment.

analogist said:
My best one is an Art Fawcett creation in black beaver. The ribbon is a deep cranberry with a bound edge in the very darkest grey. It is so fine!!

Ooh. Let's see it!

gekisai29

One of the Regulars
I wear them all the time. A biltmore milan straw, a modern Borsalino bashed that way, a Mallory Retriever , and a Knox. The style suits me & works as well as a ballcap in my convertible.

Tony in Tarzana

Resistol Kitten Finish

Here's my Resistol porkie, replacing the Stetson I traded for my Vita-Felt. It's in nice shape except for a small stain on the crown, which is less noticable in real life than in the pictures.

ResistolPorkPie06.jpg

farmerbaker

New in Town
Unique style

I own and regularly wear 4 porkpies. I have a straw, a milan and 2 felts. I enjoy wearing them and get many comments on each.

Tony in Tarzana

It does look like a Cav-like edge, I don't see any stitching. Funny there's nothing written on the sweatband about it. I forget the term Resistol used for it.

It fits great, actually. The size tag on the sweatband is illegible, and the little tags inside seem to disagree with one another. It fits like a 7-3/8.

EDIT: Whoops, they don't disagree, it's just that one has a goofy typeface I couldn't read.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Art of the porkpie

analogist

If they are good enough for Elvis C. and good enough for you and me, the rest of us should add a couple to our collections.

Let us see some photographs of your Art creation. I have a porkpie on way

from Art and will post when it arrives. Whats good for Elvis is good for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925