Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post cards

Edm1

Familiar Face
While strolling through a flea market today I found a booth that sold just letters and postcards. I could have spent hours there. Most were from the 30s-50s. Post cards from vacations and business trips. Funny stuff. One had a message that said

Dear Francis,
Today I played minature golf and lost a ball.

Love frank.

Gotta love it. Simple times.

While strolling through a flea market today I found a booth that sold just letters and postcards. I could have spent hours there. Most were from the 30s-50s. Post cards from vacations and business trips. Funny stuff. One had a message that said

Dear Francis,
Today I played minature golf and lost a ball.

Love frank.

Gotta love it. Simple times.

Today it would have been Tweeted so that 300 people could have read it - and it would have gone from being a simple, lovely, intimate note to, probably, a girlfriend, to being just more public self-indulgence.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Wow just ran across this Thread while trolling thru the back pages here and it reminde me of the penny postcard that I used to see everywhere as a kid .
What a shame that things like this wind up by the way side with the invention of the "smartphone " as someone here stated " tweeted out to 300 people " .
I used to love getting postcars from people and interesting places , oh well, sigh !

All the Best ,fashion Frank

What we lost by getting texting, emails, tweets, etc. is the need to be brief: To convey only the important, or in a post card, some thought or sentiment that you believe will have the most impact on the reader. Forced brevity makes for better writing and writers.

Edm1

Familiar Face
I got married in 98. Though not that long ago, on the honeymoon my wife and I wrote postcards to out parents. They are still hanging on my parents refrigerator today. Along with the postcard I sent my grandparents in 1981 when I was 7, from Disney world. Can't hang a text message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo