Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of your jacket collection

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
While this is not strictly on topic, I think the posters in this thread may have some relevant experience for my question.

Anyone have reasonably priced suggestions for a portable coat rack for your jackets? Storage space in my closet is at a premium right now, and I'm looking for options. I'm thinking the biggest issue will be weight capacity, as your typical Walmart coat rack has a weight capacity well under what a few hefty jackets weigh.
So if you are moderately handy, check out your local builder's supply for some black pipe, with 90-degree elbows, and threaded bases that are typically used to fasten the pipe into a wall joint.

Here are two examples of ones you can easily build with some wood, pipe parts & casters. This is giving me ideas...

This one looks really different, but I may try building one just to see it in person...

AHP91

Practically Family
I see now, the orientation on the zips is due to the reverse image?
Yes, I think the image was just reversed lol. Also the cafe racer is a little too small for me, so I'm selling that one, unfortunately. Should have jumped on the one that popped up a little while back that came with the helmet and goggles!

This one, was a beauty --

CR.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
So if you are moderately handy, check out your local builder's supply for some black pipe, with 90-degree elbows, and threaded bases that are typically used to fasten the pipe into a wall joint.

Here are two examples of ones you can easily build with some wood, pipe parts & casters. This is giving me ideas...

This one looks really different, but I may try building one just to see it in person...

Those models are expensive to make. I, however, thinking of doing a double (tall) version with used black pipes. My goal is to build one on a budget. Sometimes Offerup has great deals on industrial models people sell at a bargain. I have seen copper ones. Very nice. With a strong hanger, I have double or sometimes triple jackets in a single hanger. LOL.

Last edited:

Manolito

Familiar Face
Added these two schott horsehide classics to my collection : 613SH and 641HH.

I bought them new on the Schott France website with a 10% coupon, which put each jacket around 1000 € each. Cheaper than if I had bought it from Schott US.

The freight was offered... The jackets were sent in a big and solid box, the jackets were not folded or anything.

Expensive... But you don't find them second hand easily, especially in Europe, and never to my size 38. You can find some in Japan, but pretty expensive too if you add the taxes and freight...

The 613sh was totally new and unworn. Say what you want about second hand buys, but there is is still a peculiar thrill when you put for the first time a new leather jacket out of the box of such high quality !

The 641HH I think it was not brand new, i guess it was a "return" as the labels were provided but separated from the jacket. There was very slight signs that it has been worn maybe once a twice (the arms), but nothing traumatizing, nothing more than you would see on a jacket you would buy in a shop and that has been tried but a few customers before. So no big deal, and I understand that it was the last 641HH 38 they had in stock.

IMG_20230716_105146_436.jpg

You know you have too many jackets when you just can't stock one more !

IMG_20230716_105455_312.jpg

mumpy

A-List Customer

I bought them new on the Schott France website with a 10% coupon, which put each jacket around 1000 € each. Cheaper than if I had bought it from Schott US.

The freight was offered... The jackets were sent in a big and solid box, the jackets were not folded or anything.

Expensive... But you don't find them second hand easily, especially in Europe, and never to my size 38. You can find some in Japan, but pretty expensive too if you add the taxes and freight...

The 613sh was totally new and unworn. Say what you want about second hand buys, but there is is still a peculiar thrill when you put for the first time a new leather jacket out of the box of such high quality !

The 641HH I think it was not brand new, i guess it was a "return" as the labels were provided but separated from the jacket. There was very slight signs that it has been worn maybe once a twice (the arms), but nothing traumatizing, nothing more than you would see on a jacket you would buy in a shop and that has been tried but a few customers before. So no big deal, and I understand that it was the last 641HH 38 they had in stock.

View attachment 532862

View attachment 532871
Amazing! I have the 613SH and love it, can’t wait to wear it again in autumn.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars

View attachment 532862

View attachment 532871
Very nice! I just got a 613sh and am extremely happy with it. It‘s definitely a thicker and more robust hide than the one on my 618hh. Would you say the same is true compared to the 641hh?

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 532862

View attachment 532871

Love the jacket and
your set up. LOL. It reminds me of several broken ones I did before. I am contemplating using my garage and go industrial black pipe style. However, the black pipe has gone up on price.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I found this vintage dark brown Schott 613 here in Europe, as someone who finds a 4-leaf clover. Too bad the label was removed, but for the right eyes, there is no doubt. Made in top heavyweight leather, I'd say horsehide.
1698849264284.jpg

Adding to the thread, this Lesco that I bought before the summer. Their jackets are well-built and cool, the brown ones are beautiful. And, at least this one in particular, comes with Serval zippers, so it must be from the 70s. This "1 Yamaha" patch makes me think that the jacket belonged to a racer... who knows. I applied Pecard's over many areas, although it needs a bit more, specially at gussets (they are dry af!).
1698851794733.jpg

Viking752

Practically Family
I found this vintage dark brown Schott 613 here in Europe, as someone who finds a 4-leaf clover. Too bad the label was removed, but for the right eyes, there is no doubt. Made in top heavyweight leather, I'd say horsehide.
View attachment 556802

Adding to the thread, this Lesco that I bought before the summer. Their jackets are well-built and cool, the brown ones are beautiful. And, at least this one in particular, comes with Serval zippers, so it must be from the 70s. This "1 Yamaha" patch makes me think that the jacket belonged to a racer... who knows. I applied Pecard's over many areas, although it needs a bit more, specially at gussets (they are dry af!).
View attachment 556810
Does the Schott have the white tag in pocket? Or leather care tag?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran