Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of your jacket collection

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ok so here is the update for May 2023. I am back to asking myself, just how many black leather jackets does one need? It does appear that I have 8 currently, and yes that's pretty odd. There is one coming in next week that is not black, but that's a story for another thread/day.

So here they are - Front side first:
DSC_0919.JPG

Then they turned their backs on me...
DSC_0921.JPG

Left - Right:
- US Made CR Heavy Cowhide
- Aero Indian Ranger CXL FQHH
- Langlitz Pocket Columbia Midweight Steer
-
Cal Leather Heavy Horse hide
- Langlitz Columbia with Crossack Collar Goatskin
- Vanson MK II Sportrider Comp Weight Cow
- Lost Worlds J23 4 Oz Horse hide
- Vanson Model E Comp Weight Cow

And a little struggle with fit on some of these. The two Langlitz are both Ill of fit, which is what I get for trying the pre-owned market. The Pocket Columbia is practically a brand-new jacket, it had maybe been put on 3 times since brand new, so I am working to break it in now. Both Langlitz are very comfortable and have a great pattern to them. The Cal Leather also is too short. The Vanson Model E is much too large, and the Aero IR, which decent of fit, is a harder pattern for me to wear overall. I have worn it quite a bit, but it isn't my go-to anymore. Even more odd, the LW J23 fits to a tee, but I find I rarely reach for it these days. So there may be some of these hitting the classifieds before summer is out.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Thank you for the post @AeroFan_07

Truly an impressive collection, despite all the fit issues you described.

One evening before bed I was thinking "Damn, all black leather jackets look almost the same to me (the leather).. Need to make a thread where people could post their black jackets side by side in the same lighting or something like that..."
And your post did exactly that. Also the thread where Carlos shows his commando jackets on top of each other - huge difference in black there.

In my eyes the ones that really stand out visually from your collection are the Aero IR, Vanson E and the Langlitz Pocket Columbia.

Thank you for helping me develop a taste/feel for black leather jackets :)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks TartuWolf -

I can claim 0% responsibility to the Model E's development. I ordered it over ebay and it's quite a bit too large. It's awaiting a belt repair then it's back into the classifieds.

The Indian Ranger was a custom order via US Aero Stockest Thurston Brothers. You can see some of it's development with this thread - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/h-d-cycle-king-jacket-vs-aero-indian-ranger.104404/

The Pocket Columbia is growing on me, it's a neat pattern and just a very good jacket overall. I know some on here are not the biggest fans of most of the Langlitz leather - itself, as it does not "teacore" like many others, but that does not matter to me. I do not mind a black jacket staying, well, black. :)

So33

One of the Regulars
Ok so here is the update for May 2023. I am back to asking myself, just how many black leather jackets does one need? It does appear that I have 8 currently, and yes that's pretty odd. There is one coming in next week that is not black, but that's a story for another thread/day.

View attachment 518754

View attachment 518755

Left - Right:
-

And a little struggle with fit on some of these. The two Langlitz are both Ill of fit, which is what I get for trying the pre-owned market. The Pocket Columbia is practically a brand-new jacket, it had maybe been put on 3 times since brand new, so I am working to break it in now. Both Langlitz are very comfortable and have a great pattern to them. The Cal Leather also is too short. The Vanson Model E is much too large, and the Aero IR, which decent of fit, is a harder pattern for me to wear overall. I have worn it quite a bit, but it isn't my go-to anymore. Even more odd, the LW J23 fits to a tee, but I find I rarely reach for it these days. So there may be some of these hitting the classifieds before summer is out.
Didn’t you have a Lost Worlds J24 bedazzled that was listed and delisted for sale? I don’t see it in your collection? What did you sell it for?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ So I never had a J24. I've had two J23's and this being the second of those. The first one was really basic - no belt, and came with the quilted lining. That I sold on a long time back as it was too warm most of the time.

There have been several members with the J24 however...

zebedee

One Too Many
The black cafe racer is a size 44; the tan one is 42. I'm somewhere in-between these two sizes, although the larger one allows for a hoodie underneath. I am solidly impressed by both the jerky and Vicenza, although the Vicenza I think wins out overall. The tan steer hide is really thick and even subjecting it to monsoon rain for a while has only loosened it up slightly :)

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 518754

View attachment 518755

Left - Right:
-

After taking all the weight. Please remember to re-tighten the screws holding the gutters! LOL.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
After taking all the weight. Please remember to re-tighten the screws holding the gutters! LOL.
Ha! yes even if all 8 weights in at 10 lbs, that's still actually only 80 lbs, but likely more than the gutters will see full of water, I would suspect. They are quite new and I specified the heavier type of gutter system, not ever imagining I would be displaying jackets on them one day.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Ha! yes even if all 8 weights in at 10 lbs, that's still actually only 80 lbs, but likely more than the gutters will see full of water, I would suspect. They are quite new and I specified the heavier type of gutter system, not ever imagining I would be displaying jackets on them one day.

I once broke the 1.25 closet rod with the weights of the motorcycle jackets. LOL.

Observe

One Too Many
While this is not strictly on topic, I think the posters in this thread may have some relevant experience for my question.

Anyone have reasonably priced suggestions for a portable coat rack for your jackets? Storage space in my closet is at a premium right now, and I'm looking for options. I'm thinking the biggest issue will be weight capacity, as your typical Walmart coat rack has a weight capacity well under what a few hefty jackets weigh.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Cal cafe racer? I am very curious! You got it right under our noses. LOL. Nice collection. Is the shield location on those Cals on the right? I have never seen that. Very cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112