Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of your jacket collection

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Somehow I forgot my Schott 628US that was hidden on the rack grouped and a Taubers 50s pullover racing shirt in mint condition
53049E55-FADD-4537-BEF6-3F737569279D_1_105_c.jpeg

And hidden on the rack was my Schott 628 US made for the Japanese market in Horween I believe Lux steer hide with heavy nickel hardware. As has been mention in a Schott thread their work and material vary considerably and some special runs can turn out spectacular jackets. This Schott jacket was sourced from a TFL member with a great eye for one-off jackets
60BD1959-1E95-419D-8CE0-DB8A62F498E5_1_105_c.jpeg

Taubers racing shirt 50s size 44

Currently, I would only consider purchasing vintage US jackets Motorcycle of Halfbelts

Attachments

• 60BD1959-1E95-419D-8CE0-DB8A62F498E5_1_105_c.jpeg
    60BD1959-1E95-419D-8CE0-DB8A62F498E5_1_105_c.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 1,053

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I think this is the appropriate threat to show my little collection. After rescuing from oblivion a Golden Bear two days ago, I've just taken a few pictures of my current motorcycle jackets collection. I owe three Cal and this Golden Bear at the moment.
IMG_20210322_112714 (1).jpg

Left-to-right:
1. Golden Bear, 19??s. Mid/heavyweight leather. Belt loops -bought with a belt, but IDK if this is the original.
2. Padded LAPD Cal, early 60s. Heavyweight leather, but pliable. No belt-loops for my basket Sam Browne belt. This jacket grabs my body tightly when I zip up.
3. LAPD Cal, 1970s. Midweight leather. Belt loops. Very comfortable in early autumn/late winter. This shows off with Sam Browne b.
4. Padded LAPD Cal, 1970s. Mid/heavyweight leather. Belt loops. Super comfortable in winter.

Am I nuts? I store them inside cloth bags, on foam covered hangers in my wardrobe.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
My recent home project was to set up a walk-in closet in a spare room. This rack has about 240 linear inches of hang rail and if I only store jackets on it, I think I can get close to the whole collection on it, maybe. However, the rack is rated for 330 lbs, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to try. What you see here is about a third of the "keepers".

Attachments

• IMG_20210319_165335_6.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 1,410

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I think this is the appropriate threat to show my little collection. After rescuing from oblivion a Golden Bear two days ago, I've just taken a few pictures of my current motorcycle jackets collection. I owe three Cal and this Golden Bear at the moment.
View attachment 320167
Left-to-right:
1. Golden Bear, 19??s. Mid/heavyweight leather. Belt loops -bought with a belt, but IDK if this is the original.
2. Padded LAPD Cal, late 60s. Heavyweight leather, but pliable. No belt-loops for my basket Sam Browne belt. This grabs my body tightly.
3. LAPD Cal, 1970s. Midweight leather. Belt loops. Very comfortable in early autumn/late winter. This shows off with Sam Browne b.
4. Padded LAPD Cal, 1970s. Mid/heavyweight leather. Belt loops. Super comfortable in winter.

Am I nuts? I store them inside cloth bags, on foam covered hangers in my wardrobe.

Wow! So so so cool to see! Thanks for sharing

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 320167
Left-to-right:
2. Padded LAPD Cal, early 60s. Heavyweight leather, but pliable. No belt-loops for my basket Sam Browne belt. This jacket grabs my body tightly when I zip up.

you are moving right along. just cross zips forever? what do you have you eyes on? Cross zip MC jackets were the last thing on my mind a few years back. I ignored them for years even when they were the only old leathers around. Now that I have a few I'm getting to know them. They do multiply with little effort it seems.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
My recent home project was to set up a walk-in closet in a spare room. This rack has about 240 linear inches of hang rail and if I only store jackets on it, I think I can get close to the whole collection on it, maybe. However, the rack is rated for 330 lbs, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to try. What you see here is about a third of the "keepers".

Nice. I have not seen here you of late. I see that you have been busy. Your Keeper Closet looks interesting. My "Keepers" list is always growing/changing but seldom shrinking.

nickv

One of the Regulars
Came on this forum about 18 months ago looking & researching to buy myself "one" dececnt leather jacket.
i now have 4 :eek:.
From Left to right.
1. Simons Bilt Roadster-Black HH, 2.Thedi-MTG-162707- Chestnut HH, 3. Aero Board racer(SEVEN)-Blackened Brown Vicenza, 4.Aero Board Racer (BUCO J-100)-Dark seal Vicenza
700_5005-2.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Nice. I have not seen here you of late. I see that you have been busy. Your Keeper Closet looks interesting. My "Keepers" list is always growing/changing but seldom shrinking.

I've been a bit quiet over the winter, and have slowed down on new acquisitions, mainly because I pretty much have everything I need and no room for anything more. I have a lot to photograph and comment on when I can get to it, and then some to sell. With the light being better, I might be able to get started on that in the next few weeks.

danielzink

New in Town
My little collection...

I'm a CR guy...plus I collect old helmets too :D

From left to right:

T/T leathers 38 owned by a dear friend that passed away and his family gave it to me.

AMF/Harley Davidson 44

Brooks 44

Brooks 44 (different design)

Reed 44

Excelled 44

River Road 44 (someone gave to me when I worked in a motorcycle shop back in the early 00's)

jackets2.jpg

jackets1.jpg

jackets3.jpg

My little collection...

From left to right:

T/T leathers 38 owned by a dear friend that passed away and his family gave it to me.

AMF/Harley Davidson 44

Brooks 44

Reed 44

Excelled 44

River Road 44 (someone gave to me when I worked in a motorcycle shop back in the early 00's)

jackets2.jpg

jackets1.jpg

jackets3.jpg
Is that pink Honda a CB 750?!! That’s rad!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
My little collection...

From left to right:

AMF/Harley Davidson 44

Brooks 44

Reed 44

Excelled 44

jackets2.jpg

jackets1.jpg

jackets3.jpg
Just awesome. Vintage CRs, helmets and bikes. Love your collection. It must be a whole another dimension to be able to put on a vintage jacket, a helmet and hop on a vintage bike. Super cool. You only need a couple of pairs of vintage boots.

I was updating my log and realized there has been quite a bit of turnover in my collection. I need to get some pictures up. Here is a quick rundown:

Aero Chips Midnight Blue
Apparel Annex MC Yellow
Bates CR
Cal Leathers: LAPD (50s); LAPD (50s/60s~); LAPD (90s~); 6-panel CR (50s/60s~)
Fidelity "Indian Ranger" HH - on the way (50s)
Harley Sportster One-pocket CR HH(?) (50s/60s~ / White Label)
Johnson Leathers Trojan (Cordovan & Black HH)
Lost Worlds: PJ27; J23; CHP; Leathertogs; Trojan
Sears Oakbrook D Pocket (early 60s)
Schott 646 Hair on (90s~)
Simmons Bilt CR Shinki
JC Penney's Sportclad/Kurland D Pocket (40s~)
Vanson: AR3; Chopper; Cheyenne; Force; E Highwayman
Windward Perfecto (50s)

Lots of MC stuff. I hope for a decent mix of old and new, as well as X and straight zips. And one lonely trucker. Too many for me. I need to start making some cuts.

BTW, I like knowing what other people own. I can better direct my questions about certain jackets or styles.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Since I've always liked the idea behind this thread, and it's been a while since I posted an update, I figured now was the right time to show off the current family.

Newly acquired Vanson Highwayman, very nice vintage condition; vintage Vanson C2 that is in new condition compared to the Highwayman
OsD1xNP.jpg

Black competition weight Vanson Enfield; brown Whidbey cowhide Enfield ordered through Thurston
fjgEanD.jpg

Dark brown steerhide Vanson Comet, 6 years old; black competition weight Vanson Model B
NI7SNLM.jpg

Two-tone CXL FQHH Aero J106, 6.5 years old; recently acquired Aero Board Racer in Cordovan CXL FQHH
6NMoXPp.jpg

Vintage 60s Brooks Gold Label cafe racer; vintage no-label tan crosszip gifted to me by the owner of a leather shop where I worked once
Pedrs1h.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Glad this thread pops up from time to time because it grounds me in the aura that I'm not crazy nor alone LOL.

Going through my stuff last night, I think I'm nearing my end game. Will always have a sacred place or two for a couple more jackets (once in a lifetimes, super great deals, THEDI THEDI THEDI), but I do want to sell off a couple things that are redundant or just don't fit and deserve to be on someone who can give them proper wears. Trying to get down to 12 jackets, pretty much half of what I got now. I've got a handful reserved for my two boys, so we're talking selling another handful which is doable I think. And a couple I have as WTF wears that I'd be cool if they get worn once or twice a year because they don't have much resale value but I just like staring at them LOL.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Since I've always liked the idea behind this thread, and it's been a while since I posted an update, I figured now was the right time to show off the current family.

Newly acquired Vanson Highwayman, very nice vintage condition; vintage Vanson C2 that is in new condition compared to the Highwayman
OsD1xNP.jpg

Black competition weight Vanson Enfield; brown Whidbey cowhide Enfield ordered through Thurston
fjgEanD.jpg

Dark brown steerhide Vanson Comet, 6 years old; black competition weight Vanson Model B
NI7SNLM.jpg

Two-tone CXL FQHH Aero J106, 6.5 years old; recently acquired Aero Board Racer in Cordovan CXL FQHH
6NMoXPp.jpg

Vintage 60s Brooks Gold Label cafe racer; vintage no-label tan crosszip gifted to me by the owner of a leather shop where I worked once
Pedrs1h.jpg

Gorgeous. Does your C2 have an ID number? I've got one that I think predates them doing the numbering but doesn't have the old white label. So I'm guessing 1980-84 range. It's one of my favorite jackets. I feel like I'm being perma-hugged when I zip it up

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Gorgeous. Does your C2 have an ID number? I've got one that I think predates them doing the numbering but doesn't have the old white label. So I'm guessing 1980-84 range. It's one of my favorite jackets. I feel like I'm being perma-hugged when I zip it up

The C2 has an inside label! The Highwayman, however, does not. It looks pretty old. The patina is amazing, and the jacket is completely broken in. It got posted in the Finds and Deals thread a couple weeks ago, just knew I had to have it.

I'll send a bunch of inside label numbers to Vanson from my secondhand acquistions, get a little background info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko