Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

mumpy

A-List Customer
Random, weird question about Thedi jackets. How do your jackets smell? I have 2 Thedis now and they both smell sub par to what I consider awesome (schott 613sh, mister freedom, vintage aero etc)

Is this because of how they are treated? All the waxing/water proofing etc. perhaps?

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Maybe just a matter of personal preference but I really like the smell of my Thedi (Toscano Buffalo) maybe the washed and wax effect reacts differently to different hides, maybe just the luck of the draw?

Honestly I think the smell has kept it in my closet even though it's a bit big through the torso for me.

I have an Aero in Vicenza that gets way more wear, better fitting (just because the measurements are better - not the pattern) but smells kind of dull to me, almost 'cardboard-y'

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
My buffalo jackets smell incredible and way stronger compared to the horsehide jackets from Thedi. But imo they all have an intoxicating smell of leather. A couple are more neutral smelling than others but smell is there.. just not as strong compared to the buffalo ones

Last edited:

mumpy

A-List Customer
I see thanks guys good to know. Mine are on the neutral side as well, nothing special but good to know they exist.

STPmotor

Familiar Face
can confirm great smell - still think its a bit too long. maybe should be on the move...
pants are mid-low rise

FullSizeRender-2.jpg FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Attachments

• hem01.jpg
    hem01.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 93
  • hem03.jpg
    hem03.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 74
  • zips01.jpg
    zips01.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 83

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Leather looks amazing! Jacket is a bit too long I agree. I personally don't like it when the jacket folds at the hem in order for me to use my front pockets etc. but this is pretty subjective (I tend to prefer very short jackets generally)
yep, totally agree. even with the two way zipper, could be 5cm shorter without feeling like a "short jacket".

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Looks great! I have a Thedi on order in this same leather and color so if it looks anything like yours I'll be a happy guy
yeah the leather is really great. Not saying anything that anyone hasn't said, but the washed and waxed leather looks interesting without feeling artificially aged - really nice. I like the color as well - in person I think (at least this jacket) seems a bitter darker but more color saturated than the photos on Thurston's website...more obvious reddish undertones which I quite like. Only issue is the length and bottom hem width - which is totally on me.

STPmotor

Familiar Face
I'm not seeing it. Length looks spot on to me.
thanks. the jacket really is fantastic - just thought I ordered it too 'early', without the best gauge of my size. But either way to clarify, I didn't send in my personal measurements to Thedi (really the thing I regret)...just tried on a Thurston Bro jacket, it more or less fit so thats what I went with. Granted its a racing shirt with a slight negative drop not a sports jacket - Just feel like the examples on his website the length hits the model a bit higher between the hips and the waist - maybe just overthinking a custom order, if I found this on the classifieds I'ld be psyched.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
thanks. the jacket really is fantastic - just thought I ordered it too 'early', without the best gauge of my size. But either way to clarify, I didn't send in my personal measurements to Thedi (really the thing I regret)...just tried on a Thurston Bro jacket, it more or less fit so thats what I went with. Granted its a racing shirt with a slight negative drop not a sports jacket - Just feel like the examples on his website the length hits the model a bit higher between the hips and the waist - maybe just overthinking a custom order, if I found this on the classifieds I'ld be psyched.
Dude, I would wear that until I was dead and then let my kids fight over it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner