Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

Mr Peabody

One of the Regulars
The moto jacket is lined. This was not my original design as i bought it used. The brown/black calfskin is awesome. I was never a quilted cafe racer person but I took a chance since it it was so cheap.

[QUOTE="Mrfrown,

Very nice, I like the studs/spot work and snaps a lot! Is this one unlined?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

you bet, it's amazing! can't wait to see more Thedi projects.

@Jin431 You know my address if it doesn't fit ;) Congrats, can't wait to see fit pics!
man, I am now a believer. Thedi is a magician. It fits almost perfectly lol on his first attempt and he got everything right. No wonder you always keep coming back for more. Thanks!

What a beauty! congrats! :D
I get it now brother lol Thedi rocks. I based my design off of that shawl collared grizzly you have. I was pleasantly surprised when it came with running French seams up and down the front/back/sleeve/upper chest and back panels. It's so intricately made

very cool, what colour is that fur collar? Nice stitching choices, looking forward to hearing/seeing how it fits!
I requested a blonde fur (to my eyes it looks to be a mix of light blonde, light brown and reds depending on lighting). I'll post quick dirty fit pics I took when the rain stopped and there were still good light outside

That’s a beauty @Jin431!
Congratulations.
thanks! love the new LL, looks great on you! hope you move on the long half belt soon, it would fit me fine but my arms are too short for the sleeves lol

Man the Thedi thread just went supernova!

Nice one Jin! Those bigger front pockets look like just the thing if you're wearing gloves...and this does look to me like a cold weather jacket. Is the fur collar and liner removable?

pockets are massive and deep, it's well placed too and perfect to rest hands in place. it's a trim fit jacket as usual (a little poofy in the midriff but can't complain) fur collar is removable, it has a fixed heavy wool lining.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Quick review of the washed black Canetto (grainy cowhide from Vicenza) modified Thedi grizzly pattern with removable fur collar. I am amazed with how well constructed the jacket is expertly made. It's worth the wait (almost 9 months) and it's most likely not my last Thedi

The leather is super grainy, feels thick and substantial but very drapey and easy to wear. The leather has a stretch to it so it will form to my shape faster than denser less pliable leather. It's not a deep dark black of the night black than I am more accustomed to choosing, it looks like a warmer earthier black it's hard to show on photos but it can sometimes look gray or green depending on lighting which I find so interesting so whatever they do with the hand wash/waxed treatment in house I am a big fan of it. I'm not in love with the leather but I like it very much but maybe that's because since placing the order in Feb my preference has changed to smooth fine grained leather.

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6767.jpg

This jacket has the most amount of French seams I have seen on a vintage or repro jacket, it runs up and down the under sleeve seams/front panels/back panels/upper chest and back panels. Its so intricately made that I can imagine how much of a pain it is to sew and how labor intensive the sewing process is alone on top of the hand treatment they did on the leather.

IMG_6656.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6662.jpg

The attention to small details is really praise worthy from the packaging, small fine touches such as underarm leather patch/gusset like fold midline of the lining secured by a little triangle leather patch/gun holster interior pocket/leather tab with your name on it/perfect stitching/well designed detachable collar/intricate back collar stitch work design. The hardware is a size M8 dark antique riri which is beefy, the pull is placed on the left side so it's a little odd but not something i am familiar with having a Vanek. The lining they used is a heavy black & white wool lining (houndstooth?) that Wears well and does not stick to clothing. Wished the jacket had a leather band on the hem to act as a hem protector but I can bring it to JL when it frays so it's a minor fix.

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

IMG_6644.jpg

IMG_6664.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

I've been told by fellow members to trust the man and let him do his thing regarding making sizing adjustments so I did that and only provided my body measurements not my preferred actual flat jacket measurements. that concern never went away and I had to ask what will be the key measurements, Theodoros just reassured me that he will take care of the rest and for me to relax and he will make a perfect fitting jacket for me. That didn't really alleviate my concern but I didn't want to pester the man so I just left it alone. When the jacket came I was shocked that he got all the key measurements to my preference almost perfect (chest/shoulder/bottom hem/back length/sleeve length/sleeve width are spot on to my ideal numbers) it's just the waist is a 1" wider than my usual but still very much a nice trim fit which i prefer. So that just affirms how good they are with sizing and happy that it worked out.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Quick fit pics after work. I think it fits alright, trim but not so trim and this jacket does not need a break in at all since the jacket is so soft and drapey. The waist could be a touch slimmer but you can't win them all or can you?

Love the collar shape on this guy too. Notice how the collar seam seems to be aligned with the front panel French seam. The contrasting green stitching seems to stand out quite a bit (I was initially planning to have it in brown) which is not a bad thing since it shows off the beautiful stitch work and French seams overload design of the pattern. theres also that little nice touch on where the upper back French seam lines up with the underside sleeve French seam. There's quite a bit of a front drop (1.75") so the jacket looks longer from the front. The back hem also is slightly curved so it is resting just right on top of my back side which looks great and quite a classy touch by the maker. Any idea why most Thedi jackets have a slightly wavy zipper? It doesn't bother me much but it's really noticeable especially on an unzipped jacket.

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

IMG_6674.JPG

IMG_6680.JPG

IMG_6709.JPG

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6740.JPG

IMG_6689.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

Last edited:
The jacket is fantastic! You had the opposite reaction to your Thedi from me. I loved mine, but always wished it had more texture, so I sold it...oops o_O
I think the wavy zipper comes from all the rubbing, washing and finishing work done to the jacket after it’s been made.

Great jacket. LW Leathertogs A/B are full of French seams. I assume the OG LTs were too. My HH Hercules and early Oakbrook are also full of French seams, particularly the Herc. I agree with you, beautiful stuff.

Edit: Sorry HM, no idea why your post was quoted. I deleted the quote. Trying to reach out to Jin. The more I look at the jacket the more I like it bud.

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face
Long time lurker. First custom jacket (through Thurston Bros.)

Espresso Buffalo, custom lining.

Browns are hard to capture under the best conditions, so I'm not sure how much justice these pictures are doing for the leather but I'm really interested to see how this wears over time...As for the lining, Thedi had posted a jacket done with this lining on social media when I made my order and thought it might look nice with this leather. I'm sure not to everyone's taste but I'm digging it...and of course the fit and finish feels spot on. Hopefully first of many.

Gorgeous leather. You did a great job on the photos. I made the same choice back in April, sight unseen, so seeing your up close photos gives me a lot more reassurance. There grain looks great, as does the color itself.

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face
Quick review of the washed black Canetto (grainy cowhide from Vicenza) modified Thedi grizzly pattern with removable fur collar. I am amazed with how well constructed the jacket is expertly made. It's worth the wait (almost 9 months) and it's most likely not my last Thedi

The leather is super grainy, feels thick and substantial but very drapey and easy to wear. The leather has a stretch to it so it will form to my shape faster than denser less pliable leather. It's not a deep dark black of the night black than I am more accustomed to choosing, it looks like a warmer earthier black it's hard to show on photos but it can sometimes look gray or green depending on lighting which I find so interesting so whatever they do with the hand wash/waxed treatment in house I am a big fan of it. I'm not in love with the leather but I like it very much but maybe that's because since placing the order in Feb my preference has changed to smooth fine grained leather.

View attachment 371864

View attachment 371863

This jacket has the most amount of French seams I have seen on a vintage or repro jacket, it runs up and down the under sleeve seams/front panels/back panels/upper chest and back panels. Its so intricately made that I can imagine how much of a pain it is to sew and how labor intensive the sewing process is alone on top of the hand treatment they did on the leather.

View attachment 371855

View attachment 371861

View attachment 371862

The attention to small details is really praise worthy from the packaging, small fine touches such as underarm leather patch/gusset like fold midline of the lining secured by a little triangle leather patch/gun holster interior pocket/leather tab with your name on it/perfect stitching/well designed detachable collar/intricate back collar stitch work design. The hardware is a size M8 dark antique riri which is beefy, the pull is placed on the left side so it's a little odd but not something i am familiar with having a Vanek. The lining they used is a heavy black & white wool lining (houndstooth?) that Wears well and does not stick to clothing. Wished the jacket had a leather band on the hem to act as a hem protector but I can bring it to JL when it frays so it's a minor fix.

View attachment 371859

View attachment 371857

View attachment 371858

View attachment 371860

View attachment 371856

I've been told by fellow members to trust the man and let him do his thing regarding making sizing adjustments so I did that and only provided my body measurements not my preferred actual flat jacket measurements. that concern never went away and I had to ask what will be the key measurements, Theodoros just reassured me that he will take care of the rest and for me to relax and he will make a perfect fitting jacket for me. That didn't really alleviate my concern but I didn't want to pester the man so I just left it alone. When the jacket came I was shocked that he got all the key measurements to my preference almost perfect (chest/shoulder/bottom hem/back length/sleeve length/sleeve width are spot on to my ideal numbers) it's just the waist is a 1" wider than my usual but still very much a nice trim fit which i prefer. So that just affirms how good they are with sizing and happy that it worked out.

Looks awesome. And, 9 months lets me know how much longer I need to wait. I made my order in late April. I'm not quite 6 months in, so I might be lucky to get it by the New Year.

Kuro

Practically Family

View attachment 371864

View attachment 371863

View attachment 371855

View attachment 371861

View attachment 371862

View attachment 371859

View attachment 371857

View attachment 371858

View attachment 371860

View attachment 371856

This jacket looks amazing! So many details! Every new Thedi I see makes me excited to know I have one coming too! Can't wait to share!

Kuro

Practically Family
Quick fit pics after work. I think it fits alright, trim but not so trim and this jacket does not need a break in at all since the jacket is so soft and drapey. The waist could be a touch slimmer but you can't win them all or can you?

Love the collar shape on this guy too. Notice how the collar seam seems to be aligned with the front panel French seam. The contrasting green stitching seems to stand out quite a bit (I was initially planning to have it in brown) which is not a bad thing since it shows off the beautiful stitch work and French seams overload design of the pattern. theres also that little nice touch on where the upper back French seam lines up with the underside sleeve French seam. There's quite a bit of a front drop (1.75") so the jacket looks longer from the front. The back hem also is slightly curved so it is resting just right on top of my back side which looks great and quite a classy touch by the maker. Any idea why most Thedi jackets have a slightly wavy zipper? It doesn't bother me much but it's really noticeable especially on an unzipped jacket.

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873

View attachment 371868

I don't see how the hem is too big... Looks good from where I am sitting.

My assumption on the wavy zipper? I imagine that the jacket is fully made before being washed (or whatever the process is that he does to soften the leather). The leather and the zipper tape (nylon?) are dissimilar materials, so they shrink differently to one another and cause the wave. Just a guess.

And yes, those seams and all the details. He does sew a mean jacket.

So glad to see this!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
The jacket is fantastic! You had the opposite reaction to your Thedi from me. I loved mine, but always wished it had more texture, so I sold it...oops o_O
I think the wavy zipper comes from all the rubbing, washing and finishing work done to the jacket after it’s been made.

thanks @handymike its really well made and a design that's something easy to wear for a daily jacket. i would always ask for heavy grains with my orders before but found that I enjoy slowly seeing the jacket develop grains over time. this is so different from my other black jackets in terms of color/grain/texture/how it wears so I definitely don't mind it at all.

that's what I thought too but i don't know why can't they just do all the washing/waxing/treatment/finishing/polishing or whatever it is they do before cutting the panels and sewing them together lol

Great jacket. LW Leathertogs A/B are full of French seams. I assume the OG LTs were too. My HH Hercules and early Oakbrook are also full of French seams, particularly the Herc. I agree with you, beautiful stuff.

Edit: Sorry HM, no idea why your post was quoted. I deleted the quote. Trying to reach out to Jin. The more I look at the jacket the more I like it bud.

Thanks @JMax i just looked it up and yep those LW Leathertogs look so sexy with them French seams lol the same with the FW equivalent jackets. It really is good to look at for sure. Is it because it takes longer to make that we don't normally see them anymore? that's so cool to know that the OG's makers and older leather jacket heads dig that construction too

Looks awesome. And, 9 months lets me know how much longer I need to wait. I made my order in late April. I'm not quite 6 months in, so I might be lucky to get it by the New Year.
Thanks man, I'm guessing yours will be made quicker now that it's after summer and the shop must be working full steam ahead. Hope you get your jacket earlier than that so you can wear it for longer this Fall/Winter season

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
pure fire. Excellent. Enjoy and wear it to death.

Yes sir this is the custom I ordered a while back. Looks similar to your jacket right? With the pockets and waist band and collar. There is just a lot more (unnecessary??? Lol) panels. Thanks brother, ill wear it for the next few days and take more photos on my day off and hopefully there's better lighting/weather then and I'll put on the fur collar too.

This jacket looks amazing! So many details! Every new Thedi I see makes me excited to know I have one coming too! Can't wait to share!
I don't see how the hem is too big... Looks good from where I am sitting.

My assumption on the wavy zipper? I imagine that the jacket is fully made before being washed (or whatever the process is that he does to soften the leather). The leather and the zipper tape (nylon?) are dissimilar materials, so they shrink differently to one another and cause the wave. Just a guess.

And yes, those seams and all the details. He does sew a mean jacket.

So glad to see this!
Thanks @Kuro. Gotta love the attention to all the little details, they really do elevate the look and feel so it's very appreciated. The hem is perfect as is, it's the waist that's 1" wider than my normally requested measurement but it's not so bad since it's not too puffy/boxy looking fit. And yes the construction is just about as good as I was expecting it to be if not even better so hats off and kudos to them.

that wavy zipper also happened to one of my other aniline jackets and I tried everything to straighten it out by pulling on it/wetting it/applying weights to sandwich it but it always comes back to the warped shape lol I wonder if changing the whole hardware will fix that issue. not that I want to do it to this brand new Thedi though lol

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Yep, same leather and liner as mine and very similar pattern with different hardware. .I like the extra panels on yours. I had to replace the zipper already, but I think that riri is what I had. It was doomed from day 1. Either the post shrinking, treatment, whatever, warped the zipper, or it was defective, or im just a Neanderthal.

It's funny because I don't have a lot of grain on mine. Some tight bands in the high stress areas. And it's not really supple. Like you, not totally in love with it, but I can say my fondness for it has increased. I think it's a leather that really needs to break in and get worn and it will pay off big. With about 30-40 wears, it's started to come to life. But I think it needs a good hundred or two to really show us.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
You have a vast collection of amazing jackets, the best of the best. This masterpiece is the cherry on top. It elevates above the others.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is that makes this jacket stand out. It's like pianists who play a piano concerto that is technically challenging to play. Some work hard to hit all the notes. Others don't just hit all the notes, they make it look easy too. They might even add some playfulness. That's what I see in this jacket. It's an absolute masterpiece, executed by the master of leather jacket making.

Last edited:

Mandarin

Practically Family
My jaw dropped when looking at the detailed pictures. I can only agree with @MarcMndt: this is an absolute masterpiece.
Congrats!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873

View attachment 371868

The fit is freat overall, but that is not surprising from Thedi. His patterns are pure magic :D

I have to say I really like the graining on this jacket, I know you would want to see it develop, but habe no fear the jacket wil lstill evolve with use.

I also have to concur with @Marc mndt it is an absolute masterpiece and to my eye your best jacket yet.

I had said in the past that that Theodoros had reached the pinnacle of jaclet making in his style like a branch reaching for the sun. But it seems that that branch is still growing, there is still an evolution, additional refinements, touches in all the pieces he makes. It is beyond my understanding lol

Sabir Asaria

New in Town

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yep, same leather and liner as mine and very similar pattern with different hardware. .I like the extra panels on yours. I had to replace the zipper already, but I think that riri is what I had. It was doomed from day 1. Either the post shrinking, treatment, whatever, warped the zipper, or it was defective, or im just a Neanderthal.

It's funny because I don't have a lot of grain on mine. Some tight bands in the high stress areas. And it's not really supple. Like you, not totally in love with it, but I can say my fondness for it has increased. I think it's a leather that really needs to break in and get worn and it will pay off big. With about 30-40 wears, it's started to come to life. But I think it needs a good hundred or two to really show us.

The extra panels with the fancy stitching is a real bonus, was not expecting that to come with the jacket at all so that's a big W for me for sure. I read that bit about the main zip giving out on yours so I best be careful operating the thing lol the wavy warped zipper look has still yet to grow on me but I guess it's okay.

I think it might be a different cowhide cause the leather on mine is supple to the touch and quite a soft feel to the hands. Reminds me of a heavier MF campus jacket I own that has been washed/waxed/finished or a heavy deerskin jacket that has a firmer finish. Very drapey with stretch to it and I feel it does not need a real break in at all

You have a vast collection of amazing jackets, the best of the best. This masterpiece is the cherry on top. It elevates above the others.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is that makes this jacket stand out. It's like pianists who play a piano concerto that is technically challenging to play. Some work hard to hit all the notes. Others don't just hit all the notes, they make it look easy too. They might even add some playfulness. That's what I see in this jacket. It's an absolute masterpiece, executed by the master of leather jacket making.

Thanks man, feels like I'm getting closer to the end of where I want to cap the collection. I prefer to limit it to 15 leather jackets so I can justify to myself that I can wear them all lol we shall see.

It really is a wonderfully made jacket by a real artisan, I'm happy I finally have a Thedi and see what it's all about up close and personal. Should have tried them earlier too lol

My jaw dropped when looking at the detailed pictures. I can only agree with @MarcMndt: this is an absolute masterpiece.
Congrats!

Thanks @Mandarin. It took me a second to realize and take in all the details once I inspected the jacket. Was not expecting there to be French seams at all since the pattern was originally meant for a grizzly jacket so thought it will just have regular stitched seams. Then I knew it was built differently and I was really happily shocked to see it.

The fit is freat overall, but that is not surprising from Thedi. His patterns are pure magic :D

I have to say I really like the graining on this jacket, I know you would want to see it develop, but habe no fear the jacket wil lstill evolve with use.

I also have to concur with @Marc mndt it is an absolute masterpiece and to my eye your best jacket yet.

I had said in the past that that Theodoros had reached the pinnacle of jaclet making in his style like a branch reaching for the sun. But it seems that that branch is still growing, there is still an evolution, additional refinements, touches in all the pieces he makes. It is beyond my understanding lol

That's the word pure magic. I agree 100%. The man is a genius at what he does.
It is very grainy, I think it's somewhat a bit similar to the Buffalo he uses?? but €200 less lol so I went with it. Can't wait to see how this looks like after a year, it's already starting to form to my physique right away. Quite a comfy jacket I can use on a daily for sure.

Thanks @red devil and your two toned jacket was for sure my inspiration to get this one made. It's certainly not my last Thedi, i will get a cross zip in the next year or two years from now.

Simply gorgeous!! ... love the leather too!

How thick/heavy is the leather?

Really looking forward to your fit pics :)
thanks man, Thedi is an option too for a black jacket if you decide not to go for a Mulholland they have black cowhide/HH/Buffalo/goat/deerskin/sheepskin and shinki. they can even overdye a brown leather black too if you are into that hand dye options. Lots of pattern to choose from as well.

Guessing the leather is about 2.5-3oz, it's a bit weighty overall because the lining used is also a heavy wool.

you can read a review and see close up photos with fit pics on the top of this page brother.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873

View attachment 371868

Great. Congratulations on this jacket.
I love the french seams.
Your 1" too much on the hem are not noticeable.
Even though you wrote it, I don't notice it.
Enjoy wearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ