Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Quick fit pics after work. I think it fits alright, trim but not so trim and this jacket does not need a break in at all since the jacket is so soft and drapey. The waist could be a touch slimmer but you can't win them all or can you?

Love the collar shape on this guy too. Notice how the collar seam seems to be aligned with the front panel French seam. The contrasting green stitching seems to stand out quite a bit (I was initially planning to have it in brown) which is not a bad thing since it shows off the beautiful stitch work and French seams overload design of the pattern. theres also that little nice touch on where the upper back French seam lines up with the underside sleeve French seam. There's quite a bit of a front drop (1.75") so the jacket looks longer from the front. The back hem also is slightly curved so it is resting just right on top of my back side which looks great and quite a classy touch by the maker. Any idea why most Thedi jackets have a slightly wavy zipper? It doesn't bother me much but it's really noticeable especially on an unzipped jacket.

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873
View attachment 371868
Love those French seams.

Jimmy Shinki

Familiar Face
Quick fit pics after work. I think it fits alright, trim but not so trim and this jacket does not need a break in at all since the jacket is so soft and drapey. The waist could be a touch slimmer but you can't win them all or can you?

Love the collar shape on this guy too. Notice how the collar seam seems to be aligned with the front panel French seam. The contrasting green stitching seems to stand out quite a bit (I was initially planning to have it in brown) which is not a bad thing since it shows off the beautiful stitch work and French seams overload design of the pattern. theres also that little nice touch on where the upper back French seam lines up with the underside sleeve French seam. There's quite a bit of a front drop (1.75") so the jacket looks longer from the front. The back hem also is slightly curved so it is resting just right on top of my back side which looks great and quite a classy touch by the maker. Any idea why most Thedi jackets have a slightly wavy zipper? It doesn't bother me much but it's really noticeable especially on an unzipped jacket.

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873

View attachment 371868
What an awesome jacket. Theodoros is certainly a master craftsman.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Quick review of the washed black Canetto (grainy cowhide from Vicenza) modified Thedi grizzly pattern with removable fur collar. I am amazed with how well constructed the jacket is expertly made. It's worth the wait (almost 9 months) and it's most likely not my last Thedi

The leather is super grainy, feels thick and substantial but very drapey and easy to wear. The leather has a stretch to it so it will form to my shape faster than denser less pliable leather. It's not a deep dark black of the night black than I am more accustomed to choosing, it looks like a warmer earthier black it's hard to show on photos but it can sometimes look gray or green depending on lighting which I find so interesting so whatever they do with the hand wash/waxed treatment in house I am a big fan of it. I'm not in love with the leather but I like it very much but maybe that's because since placing the order in Feb my preference has changed to smooth fine grained leather.

View attachment 371864

View attachment 371863

This jacket has the most amount of French seams I have seen on a vintage or repro jacket, it runs up and down the under sleeve seams/front panels/back panels/upper chest and back panels. Its so intricately made that I can imagine how much of a pain it is to sew and how labor intensive the sewing process is alone on top of the hand treatment they did on the leather.

View attachment 371855

View attachment 371861

View attachment 371862

The attention to small details is really praise worthy from the packaging, small fine touches such as underarm leather patch/gusset like fold midline of the lining secured by a little triangle leather patch/gun holster interior pocket/leather tab with your name on it/perfect stitching/well designed detachable collar/intricate back collar stitch work design. The hardware is a size M8 dark antique riri which is beefy, the pull is placed on the left side so it's a little odd but not something i am familiar with having a Vanek. The lining they used is a heavy black & white wool lining (houndstooth?) that Wears well and does not stick to clothing. Wished the jacket had a leather band on the hem to act as a hem protector but I can bring it to JL when it frays so it's a minor fix.

View attachment 371859

View attachment 371857

View attachment 371858

View attachment 371860

View attachment 371856

I've been told by fellow members to trust the man and let him do his thing regarding making sizing adjustments so I did that and only provided my body measurements not my preferred actual flat jacket measurements. that concern never went away and I had to ask what will be the key measurements, Theodoros just reassured me that he will take care of the rest and for me to relax and he will make a perfect fitting jacket for me. That didn't really alleviate my concern but I didn't want to pester the man so I just left it alone. When the jacket came I was shocked that he got all the key measurements to my preference almost perfect (chest/shoulder/bottom hem/back length/sleeve length/sleeve width are spot on to my ideal numbers) it's just the waist is a 1" wider than my usual but still very much a nice trim fit which i prefer. So that just affirms how good they are with sizing and happy that it worked out.

Love all the customization you did. No fur Grizzly definitely looks cool! Excellent lining choice too.
Thedi jackets showcase his stitch work very well.
The Veg Cow leather should patina and darken with time. Very nice design overall. Enjoy! Is there a storm cuff hidden inside the sleeves?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Love those French seams.
agreed, it's something I was not expecting too so it was a really nice surprise. thanks

What an awesome jacket. Theodoros is certainly a master craftsman.
thanks! he sure is and glad to finally know what it's really like first hand

Love all the customization you did. No fur Grizzly definitely looks cool! Excellent lining choice too.
Thedi jackets showcase his stitch work very well.
The Veg Cow leather should patina and darken with time. Very nice design overall. Enjoy! Is there a storm cuff hidden inside the sleeves?
thanks brother, a real grizzly pattern is just a lot out of my comfort zone so can't go that route lol I hope it darkens with wear, curious to know what will happen when this gets wet as well. no storm cuffs on this jacket, I've never tried one but it's basically just an elastic cuff like in the A1-2 so that might be warm

Great. Congratulations on this jacket.
I love the french seams.
Your 1" too much on the hem are not noticeable.
Even though you wrote it, I don't notice it.
Enjoy wearing it.
thanks @MrProper, just wanted to see what it's all about and I'm not disappointed at all. The waist is where the extra room is, it's a little wide and it looks puffy when unzipped. Its not tapered enough so it's not a real V shaped look that I prefer, it looks a bit puffy in the waist especially when unzipped. It's not noticeable on those photos (part of it is maybe because I pushed down on the hand warmers to straighten out the jacket and the massive pocket design without closure and the leather itself) so I'll take another batch when the weather is a little better.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
This may not languish in the closet as much as other jackets.
Custom MTC12790 in thinned burnished goatskin.

IMG_1008.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG

Thedi really ought to do something about those jacket names. I doubt it even fans care to remember all those letters and numbers. I'm still trying to figure out what qualifies one Cafe racer to be CCT and not MTC. Or vice versa. And then on the second page of the Cafe racer section, there's a cross zip style is also an MTC. Weird.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
You have a vast collection of amazing jackets, the best of the best. This masterpiece is the cherry on top. It elevates above the others...

@Jin431 I am with @Marc mndt. This is the centerpiece of your collection, very nice, especially the more relaxed fit! This type of work jacket is allowed to be cutted a bit more generous, especially since it was used to be worn during work and therefore had to guarantee freedom of movement. In contrast, the biker jackets, especially the cross-zipped ones, can be cutted/worn a bit on the tighter side, because they have a different function.

But a work-style jacket that is worn too tight (as you can see unfortunately a lot atm, maybe a passing fad) looks awful for me. I call it "head cheese" syndrome...

BassandB3

One of the Regulars
Jin congrats on the new jacket! Looks terrific!

about that wavy zipper… I have three Thedis with zippers, two are washed Buffalo and one is washed goatskin. All three of them have the wavy zipper and it honestly hasn’t relaxed much over time yet. I also have a fourth Thedi, button style Cossack—and no wave down the center. Drapes much better on me. Hope the zipper on yours settles down, let me know if you figure anything out! I agree with the explanations people have given about the treatment of the leather causing tension in the fabrics that pull on some areas of the zipper disproportionately more than others but wonder what Theodoros would say. It’s not that noticeable or a problem, but does look a little funny to me on my jackets. For the heavily treated Thedi leathers, I will probably stick to buttons…

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thedi really ought to do something about those jacket names. I doubt it even fans care to remember all those letters and numbers. I'm still trying to figure out what qualifies one Cafe racer to be CCT and not MTC. Or vice versa. And then on the second page of the Cafe racer section, there's a cross zip style is also an MTC. Weird.
Thurston calls the one I just got The Evander.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/colle...osszip-half-belt-size-medium-brown-goatskin-1

ThediEvanderCrosszipHalfBeltBrownGoatskinMWCfront.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@Jin431 I am with @Marc mndt. This is the centerpiece of your collection, very nice, especially the more relaxed fit! This type of work jacket is allowed to be cutted a bit more generous, especially since it was used to be worn during work and therefore had to guarantee freedom of movement. In contrast, the biker jackets, especially the cross-zipped ones, can be cutted/worn a bit on the tighter side, because they have a different function.

But a work-style jacket that is worn too tight (as you can see unfortunately a lot atm, maybe a passing fad) looks awful for me. I call it "head cheese" syndrome...
thanks @58panheadfan I have to agree that in terms of technique and craftsmanship make this is a real center piece of any collection and I'm lucky to stumble upon it. the notion that a work jacket should be roomy for layering makes sense and the leather is really comfortable too so it's really an everyday jacket I can bring to work and it won't look out of place.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Jin congrats on the new jacket! Looks terrific!

about that wavy zipper… I have three Thedis with zippers, two are washed Buffalo and one is washed goatskin. All three of them have the wavy zipper and it honestly hasn’t relaxed much over time yet. I also have a fourth Thedi, button style Cossack—and no wave down the center. Drapes much better on me. Hope the zipper on yours settles down, let me know if you figure anything out! I agree with the explanations people have given about the treatment of the leather causing tension in the fabrics that pull on some areas of the zipper disproportionately more than others but wonder what Theodoros would say. It’s not that noticeable or a problem, but does look a little funny to me on my jackets. For the heavily treated Thedi leathers, I will probably stick to buttons…

thanks it does fit well and it's been made masterfully so I'm more than pleased @BassandB3 i have noticed it before on a lot of Thedi jackets and it doesn't take anything away from it at all so I guess it's not anything to be to concerned much about. it's happened before to one of my aniline (Olive leaves tanned HH JL jacket) jackets that got wet and I wore it to dry zipped up while stuck in traffic so the zipper became wavy and it never did went away even though I tried to straighten it out. I'm guessing maybe a whole zipper tape replacement ought to do the trick but then again it's not guaranteed so I'm not sure I want to pay for something not guaranteed to do the trick. Maybe I'll upgrade the hardware for a heavier #8 riri on that JL (next year probably) and I'll let you know how it works.

nickv

One of the Regulars

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873

View attachment 371868
Congrats Jin, superb jacket and excellent fit. Well worth the wait. Thanks for posting these pics. I ordered that exact same lining as well.
Enjoy!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
thanks it does fit well and it's been made masterfully so I'm more than pleased @BassandB3 i have noticed it before on a lot of Thedi jackets and it doesn't take anything away from it at all so I guess it's not anything to be to concerned much about. it's happened before to one of my aniline (Olive leaves tanned HH JL jacket) jackets that got wet and I wore it to dry zipped up while stuck in traffic so the zipper became wavy and it never did went away even though I tried to straighten it out. I'm guessing maybe a whole zipper tape replacement ought to do the trick but then again it's not guaranteed so I'm not sure I want to pay for something not guaranteed to do the trick. Maybe I'll upgrade the hardware for a heavier #8 riri on that JL (next year probably) and I'll let you know how it works.
Yep this. And go for a #10. Made a big difference. When I had my zipper changed out, even though I forgot to mention it to Dena, it smoothed out a lot when she installed the new one. I did get the jacket wet in the rain though last week, so a few small waves came back as I guess it dried a little too fast. Was fine as the jacket is slightly big on me anyway and looking back, I should have given it the full blown Shrinki treatment before sending off for the zipper repair. Although, the liner is right on the edge of peeking through, so not much more room to shrink without collateral damage. I do admit, I liked it a lot better without the waves.

I think the waves work on cross zips and weathered/worn/vintage style look etc. But on a straight zip and probably a CR, IDK, draws the eyes too much to something that should be sleek. Just IMO. In any case, it's not a deal breaker for me, but when you got several jackets and you need to pick one each morning, these are the little things that push certain jackets to the back and others to the front.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Jin, superb jacket and excellent fit. Well worth the wait. Thanks for posting these pics. I ordered that exact same lining as well.
Enjoy!
thanks nick, it is definitely worth the wait And I really do hope you get yours soon before the heat of summer comes around. I'll post updated photos later in the week as I've been wearing the jacket regularly and it has taken shape around me already showing deep rolls in the sleeves. The body lining is good, no static and does not cling to clothing while the sleeve lining is like a textured cotton blend that's still pretty easy to get in and out of

Yep this. And go for a #10. Made a big difference. When I had my zipper changed out, even though I forgot to mention it to Dena, it smoothed out a lot when she installed the new one. I did get the jacket wet in the rain though last week, so a few small waves came back as I guess it dried a little too fast. Was fine as the jacket is slightly big on me anyway and looking back, I should have given it the full blown Shrinki treatment before sending off for the zipper repair. Although, the liner is right on the edge of peeking through, so not much more room to shrink without collateral damage. I do admit, I liked it a lot better without the waves.

I think the waves work on cross zips and weathered/worn/vintage style look etc. But on a straight zip and probably a CR, IDK, draws the eyes too much to something that should be sleek. Just IMO. In any case, it's not a deal breaker for me, but when you got several jackets and you need to pick one each morning, these are the little things that push certain jackets to the back and others to the front.
an m10 riri on that midweight HH JL would be overkill but it will last a lifetime and a big upgrade on that #5 talon it currently has. I'm also optimistic that it will do the job so it will be on the to do list in the upcoming months. Love that whole shrinki episode you had a while back lol but I'm glad you didn't do that for the Thedi! I am definitely not a fan of the wavy zippper look.

The wavy zipper does not look nice on my Thedi or JL, its like something is off about it and takes your eyes to it right away. It reminds me of an old zip up hoodie that's seen the washer/dryer one too many times or like the bacon look on old underwear but on our leather jacket zipper instead lol

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Gorgeous leather. You did a great job on the photos. I made the same choice back in April, sight unseen, so seeing your up close photos gives me a lot more reassurance. There grain looks great, as does the color itself.

Thanks, I'm admittedly a noob here so I'll leave it to the more experienced members to review the leather...but I have to say I'm sold. Already corralling funds for Thedi number two.

I'm a new father so I don't have time for much at the moment...but hopefully I can post some pictures of it in the sunlight in the near future...you can really see the texture in the deep java tones. No more podcasts, I'm just walking around looking at the variation in my sleeves.

STPmotor

Familiar Face
man, you did the right thing and order a Thedi as your first custom. good job and great decision on your part. glad that it fits well, the leather looks awesome and lining looks lively too.

Thanks Jin, and of course your jacket is really something special. And yes...of course...I feel like I made the right decision going with Thedi as well.

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Man the Thedi thread just went supernova!

Yes I think the liner was a great choice, and something that I wish I had been more adventurous with on my first custom jacket.

Thanks! Yeah, can't take too much credit for it since I saw it first on Thedi's instagram...but it matches the dark java color in the leather and the brass hardware really well. It all looks 'intentional' if that makes sense. Which again, is all thanks to Thedi...that liner comes in a couple different color variations.

After going pretty boiler plate in some aspects (being my first mto) felt like a nice touch.

Of course thanks to everyone who contributes here regularly - I'm sure this isn't new observation, but I'll say it anyway - What a great resource. I'm a new father and with out all the posts "aggregated" here I would have never had time to do all the necessary leg work

Sabir Asaria

New in Town

View attachment 371865

View attachment 371867

View attachment 371869

View attachment 371870

View attachment 371866

View attachment 371871

View attachment 371872

View attachment 371873

View attachment 371868

Hi Jin :)

Thanks for the excellent fit pics (as usual)… The jacket indeed fits you like a glove and looks great!

To be honest, I’ve always had an issue with the wavy zippers seen on Thedi jackets. The one on your jacket does not seem as extreme. However, a lot of the jackets displayed on Thedi’s website seem to have an excessive amount which unfortunately would be a deal breaker for me. Personally, they really distract from the clean lines I like having on my jackets.

Potential reasons I think that cause this are probably the washing/aging effect Thedi puts on these jackets and using a large zipper which is less forgiving/pliable (?) This could potentially be avoided if the leather is washed/aged prior to stitching the panels together (?). Another possible cause could be the temper of the leather used. Interestingly, the HH jacket displayed on his website does not show this effect…

So, if I do ever go in for a Thedi, it would need to be one of his heavier HH and without the washing/aging process...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ