Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Your Favorite Vintage Car

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Ben what a beautiful motor you've picked up there. Any chances of some more snaps and one or two of the interior - I'd be interested in seeing the inside of the old girl as well.

benstephens

Practically Family
Hi,

As soon as I get it home, I will get lots of pics. I will post them in a new thread. Mid 1930s it was quite common on sports cars not to have bumpers, this kept the weight down.

The latter models, had bumpers on.

Kindest Regards

Ben

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For me, I want one of these- a 1939 Delahaye
1939Delahaye.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I have TONS of favorite cars, 1959 being one of my favorite years. But this is definitely up there because it's so rare, a 1956 Dodge La Femme:

56ext5tmb.jpg

56ext1tmb.jpg

56dash2tmb.jpg

It was marketed for women and came with an umbrella and lipstick, I believe. And the interior housed all these little compartments for storing random tchotchkes women are supposedly carrying around! It was a big flop, but I just love its hyper-femininity.

And Twitch, that car is absolutely STUNNING! What's the history of it?

Treetopflyer

Practically Family

My favorite is and always will be the 1959 Corvette. I would post a picture of the one I own but I can't post attachments yet:rage: . Classic cars always make for a great thread. Love all the pics posted so far.

chucklehead

A-List Customer
Tony in Tarzana said:
A Teutonic masterpiece, the Maybach Zeppelin:

may32.jpg

And one I'd really like to find that's "gettable," the fabulous Hudson Hornet:

53hudson.jpg
hudson had the best grills ever, cord & de soto's were nice too.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pigeon Toe- all those French pre-war classics are works of art on wheels done by the master French body stylists. Many can be seen at Pebble Beach Concours and high end classic events like that. Most of the cars were in pretty sorry shape after the war lucky to survive at all. Most now have been restored to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars each. I don't think any of then is valued at less that a half million. Delage, Delahaye, Bugatti, Talbot-Lago are the ones that really stand out.

Here's a site with many pics of 1999-2003 events http://www.classics.com/pbbch00.html

As search using 'pebble beach concours' in Google Images will yield lots of pics too.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
You got it, Stanley.

I used to work in a service station, and I loved watching teens trying to find the gas cap on late 50's GM cars. Many of them in the period 1956-59 had the cap hidden underneath a taillight, and you had to press a button on the light to release the catch. The '57 Chev was an exception in that a vertical part of the chrome fin flipped sideways to reveal the cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner