Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting our Fed IV's, yet!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Pre-Bashed Fed IV, Courtesy Airmail...

Like Woodfluter, my Fed IV arrived pre-bashed, box and all...
P1010002.jpg

I took the photos before even opening the box for insurance claims purposes...
P1010004-1.jpg

That's the best image for a true representation of the standard's Tawny Fawn color...
P1010005.jpg

And the airmail "bash"...
P1010001_2-1.jpg

Happily, there were no lasting creases in the crown. I'll try a dry bash of my own shortly...

thecoolmiester

New in Town
Jerekson said:
This is way overdue, as I got the hat a good 2-3 weeks ago.

Deluxe in a size 57. The fit is completely flawless, except that it was a bit too round. I wet the sweatband and tugged it down tight for about 2 hours and it ovalized perfectly.

Akubra_22.png

Akubra_23.png

Akubra_24.png

Akubra_25.png

Last Crusade styling, as usual. Went for the Venice pier look.

Man, spot ON last crusade look.
it looks fantastic, wow.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
For years, I had been wondering if there was a hat available anywhere that was as close to an exact duplicate to any of the Indy hats as the Feds and Adventurebilts are. I have been looking at the pictures of you guys in your Feds and drooling. I am definitely going to start putting $$ aside and get a FedIV in brown. Not sure about the standard or deluxe yet.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
My first Fed IV bashed

scottyrocks said:
For years, I had been wondering if there was a hat available anywhere that was as close to an exact duplicate to any of the Indy hats as the Feds and Adventurebilts are. I have been looking at the pictures of you guys in your Feds and drooling. I am definitely going to start putting $$ aside and get a FedIV in brown. Not sure about the standard or deluxe yet.
Here it is, my new Tawny Fawn Fed IV standard, bashed with a standard center dent (I tried the C crown and diamonds first, but it looked too wide on my head...something about the hat seemed to call for the center dent).
P1010001_4.jpg

The lighter brown is growing on me...

conumdrum... (sp?)

back on november I purchased a fed IV standard and a campdraft. Per Ron and hat direct recomendation, I ordered a 58 in each. the campdraft seems a little big and required about 3" of that foam tape in the back. the fed iv was a little tight and I regulary use a hat jack to stretch it out a little. so I was thinking about getting another fed iv, in the moonstone, or the light brown (still haven't found a better deal for the price) but I don't know if I should get a 58 or a 59 in the fed iv? I don't know if a 59 fed would shrink enought and I don't want to have it padded all the way around.

suggestions?

My campdraft is a 61 & needed some sizing on the sides. It fit fine front to back & will probably draw in as I break it in, already feel it doing so after 1 day of wearing. If the Fed 4 in 58 required stretching, then I'd go with 59 next time. I prefer a hat to need to draw than have to stretch from the jump. JMHO

Thwack

Familiar Face
I agree. I've had the foam tape behind the sweat since I got my Fed in late december. The amount of foam has decreased though, several times. I'm hoping that soon I can just go without it though. Right now it's just a couple inch long strip in the back. I'm trying to fight back the urge to buy a moonstone and tawny fed... it's tough though!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Thwack said:
I agree. I've had the foam tape behind the sweat since I got my Fed in late december. The amount of foam has decreased though, several times. I'm hoping that soon I can just go without it though. Right now it's just a couple inch long strip in the back. I'm trying to fight back the urge to buy a moonstone and tawny fed... it's tough though!
I'm with Thwack. I almost ordered a 60, given that the Feds are supposed to run small (according to the HD website). But the staff at HD had me measure my head and recommended the 59. The first time I put it on, it sat on my ears like a bucket. But with the tape behind the back half of the sweatband, after a couple of days it's already started to tighten...I'll have to remove some of that tape soon, and perhaps all of it eventually.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
RobFedoraField said:
back on november I purchased a fed IV standard and a campdraft. Per Ron and hat direct recomendation, I ordered a 58 in each. the campdraft seems a little big and required about 3" of that foam tape in the back. the fed iv was a little tight and I regulary use a hat jack to stretch it out a little. so I was thinking about getting another fed iv, in the moonstone, or the light brown (still haven't found a better deal for the price) but I don't know if I should get a 58 or a 59 in the fed iv? I don't know if a 59 fed would shrink enought and I don't want to have it padded all the way around.

suggestions?
Rob, definitely e-mail Hats Direct with the question. They'll give you some guidelines for a re-measure of your head and can recommend the best fit for you. That worked well for me--otherwise, I would have been floating in the 60, and the 58 would never have worked after a few wearings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland