Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre 1940s dress hats

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1930's/1940's Adam Beau Brummel Homburg

I just got this hat today. When I first received it, there were many dirt stains, the crown was crushed, and the brim was completely warped. After a good stiff brushing, a soft brushing, a good steaming, and a total brim reshaping, I think It looks pretty good. The seller didn't tell me that a good portion of the sweatband is detached. I also didn't know that the hat is a size 7 1/4 which is way too big for me. I've never seen a Beau Brummel before and I think these early Adam's are really cool. Heres some pictures:

DSC05034.jpg

DSC05035.jpg

DSC05037.jpg

DSC05038.jpg

DSC05039.jpg

DSC05044.jpg

DSC05047.jpg

DSC05048.jpg

DSC05049.jpg

DSC05052.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1930's Adam

This is one of two hats that I bought from a seller on ebay who gave me a buy-it-now price for both. It looks like my "two hats a month" was completely blown in less than 2 days. Oh well. This hat came pretty much crushed and had a really tight pinch in front which can still be seen even after a very heavy steaming. The felt where the hat was pinched has worn thin, but is still holding strong. There is a good amount of shellac in the felt and is pretty easy to shape. The sweatband has become detatched in a couple palces, but its still a nice piece to add to my pre-1940 collection. Even though its a 7 1/8, I think I will keep this one and add it to the permanent collection.

DSC05416.jpg

DSC05417.jpg

DSC05421.jpg

DSC05412.jpg

DSC05415.jpg

DSC05426.jpg

DSC05423.jpg

DSC05427.jpg

DSC05409.jpg

DSC05410.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1930's Gordon Fedora

I won this hat from ebay last week, and I just picked up the box today. I love this hat. The felt color mixed with the ribbon color is really neat in person. The felt is very soft. There is some mothing, but it doesn't bother me. The sweatband is by far the coolest feature of the hat. Heres some pics:

DSC05513.jpg

DSC05516.jpg

DSC05498.jpg

DSC05501.jpg

DSC05502.jpg

DSC05504.jpg

DSC05506.jpg

DSC05507.jpg

DSC05510.jpg

DSC05511.jpg

Reactions: A.C

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Josh the fraded edge on the bow is nice goes along with the sweatband which is real neat. You don't see that type much. Makes it hard to read the logo's on the sweatband.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow, Josh! That is just a fantastic hat - I've seen nothing like it before.

You seem to have a talent for finding unique hats and it is always nice to see them here.

I won this hat from ebay last week, and I just picked up the box today. I love this hat. The felt color mixed with the ribbon color is really neat in person. The felt is very soft. There is some mothing, but it doesn't bother me. The sweatband is by far the coolest feature of the hat. Heres some pics:

Josh, Fantastic find! The sweat is really something. Love the contrast with the liner. Super overall look!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful hat, Josh! Fantastic lines and felt, with unique sweatband and liner. The mothing takes away nothing from this singular hat, in my opinion.

I watched it as soon as it was listed, and was tempted to bid despite the fact that it is five sizes too small for me. A hat like this should be WORN, so I refrained from bidding. Now, I can admire it on your noggin!

Well done! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24