Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre-50s Louden Borsalino Fedora Sz 7 1/8

Purplesage

One Too Many
Pre-50s louden green Borsalino in very nice condition. The raw edge brim is approx. 2 1/4" wide and the open crown depth is approx. 5 1/2". The crown is wrapped in a 1" matching grosgrain ribbon. The inside is unlined. This feels like a lightweight felt so I'm not sure if it ever had a liner. The reeded leather sweatband is soft and pliable; however, there is about a 2" area where the leather is separating from the reed as can be seen in the photos. Other than that, the hat almost looks brand new. The felt has NO defects to include moth damage. Age dating is based on the "Borsalino" name inscribed on the left end of the tag behind the leather sweatband which is characteristic of most Borsalino hats made prior to the early 50s. The Borsalino name was dropped from the tags after that. It is difficult to see on the tag behind the sweat but the size appears to be a Punti 5 or 5 1/2 (7 1/8 - 7 1/4 US). I wear hats of both sizes depending on the hat and it fits like a true 7 1/8. The circumference around the inside of the leather sweatband is approx. 22 1/4". Note: The hat was photographed under artificial light, it appears darker under natural conditions. $225.00 shipped CONUS (add $10.00 for International shipping). Serious inquires only. If interested please respond via email or private message.

FullSizeRender-887_zpskesma258.jpg

FullSizeRender-903_zpshy37cvbo.jpg

FullSizeRender-899_zpsnidrfyt8.jpg

FullSizeRender-897_zpsxkblvkms.jpg

FullSizeRender-895_zpsgqdy3txo.jpg

FullSizeRender-900_zpsfgoytnni.jpg

FullSizeRender-886_zpsznlpjnea.jpg

FullSizeRender-889_zpsfi4kwpvc.jpg

FullSizeRender-890_zpsdtw679p0.jpg

FullSizeRender-891_zpsqlplwa0p.jpg

Last edited:

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Nice hat! Hope someone buys it soon.

These shots confirm that I'll eventually be adding a green fedora to my selection of hats. My wallet and bank account, though, prevent me from picking up this fine specimen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21