Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pre-world war brogues

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i've just bought a pair of these...........

PWW.jpg

they're made by n.d.c., a belgian handmade footwear company. here's the blurb.....

"n.d.c.'s 'Pre World War' Brogues have been made using an original last from 1939. As World War II began, our factory ceased production because of material shortages and restrictions. By the time our workshop re-started crafting shoes in 1945, the last was long forgotten in a factory cave.
Only recently re-discovered, its design mirrors the finest of the era for footwear handcrafting. For shoe connoisseurs and quality lovers alike, these made-to-order shoes are a stunning classic..."

their other shoes are artfully distressed things for fashionistas. these are not typical of their usual style by any means. in fact i was shocked that they'd be interested in such an idea.
i figured i'd shell out the small fortune for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to buy a pair of new exact 30s design shoes. mine are numbered 29 of a possible 100. i must say, the quality is breathtaking. what you can't see from the photo is that they are very wide then pointed....spade shaped.

http://www.ndcmadebyhand.com/

Christian

New in Town
I would like to buy a pair of these shoes. I have tried to contact NDC via their email link to purchase a pair but have not recieved a reply. Did you find these in a shop? How much? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Christian

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
well, as i posted this on friday night, you must have emailed over the weekend when nobody is there. wait until monday morning.

i emailed them to order the shoes and they were sent to a shop in london to collect. i don't think they'll send them direct to your home so you might need to find your nearest n.d.c stockist.

(they cost a month's rent)

herringbonekid said:
well, as i posted this on friday night, you must have emailed over the weekend when nobody is there. wait until monday morning.

i emailed them to order the shoes and they were sent to a shop in london to collect. i don't think they'll send them direct to your home so you might need to find your nearest n.d.c stockist.

(they cost a month's rent)

A month's rent in east Sussex :eek:

bk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW