Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Presenting you some of my Schott jackets

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
Hello
i had some time to kill so i took some pictures and decided to show you my favorite jackets
Only Schott for now
James Dean jacket JD1 is supposed to be exact copy of the one worn by JD
I'll probably add more later if you find this post of some interest

JD1 - Horsehide - 1985
IMG_20200202_131741.jpg
IMG_20200202_131832.jpg

JD6 - Lambskin - 1985
IMG_20200202_131954.jpg
IMG_20200202_132039.jpg

JD2 - steerhide - 1985
IMG_20200202_132212.jpg
IMG_20200202_132253.jpg

613XH - Horsehide - 2001
IMG_20200202_132427.jpg
IMG_20200202_132445.jpg

613 - Steerhide - 80's
IMG_20200202_132552.jpg
IMG_20200202_132616.jpg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That 613 looks especially cool, love the double stitched sleeve/shoulder seam.
I like that your Perfectos still have the OG belt positioning.
The way they do it now with the belt half into the kidney panel doesn't look right.

Cool jackets, although didn't JD wear a Cal? Pretty sure this is another case of Schott trying to take credit for a jacket they didn't do. Nice repros non the less.

Correction: I did some quick googling and apparently Schott doesn't claim to have actually made the original, just the repros.

Last edited:

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
That 613 looks especially cool, love the double stitched sleeve/shoulder seam.
I like that your Perfectos still have the OG belt positioning.
The way they do it now with the belt half into the kidney panel doesn't look right.

Cool jackets, although didn't JD wear a Cal? Pretty sure this is another case of Schott trying to take credit for a jacket they didn't do. Nice repros non the less.

Edit: did some quick googling and apparently Schott doesn't claim to have actually made the original, just repros... I stand corrected.

I also love this 613 that is why i'm keeping it, i had several 613 but this one fit me the best and also is in great condition
I'm not a fan of the new belt positioning as well

When i started collecting jackets i read in Schott book that they made exact copies from original jackets, but now that i start knowing a bit more about jackets i'm not so sure that is true
I paid 500e for my first JD1 size 40 (way too much but i only realise it now)which was too tight sadly, and i recently bought a 42 for only 50e with belt and collar
As a James Dean fan i absolutely wanted this JD1 and every JD jacket from Schott, that is why i bought a JD2 and then a JD6

Here is a picture from the book, maybe i misunderstood it? :
hBGeTGd.jpg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I also love this 613 that is why i'm keeping it, i had several 613 but this one fit me the best and also is in great condition
I'm not a fan of the new belt positioning as well

When i started collecting jackets i read in Schott book that they made exact copies from original jackets, but now that i start knowing a bit more about jackets i don't think that is true
I paid 500e for my first JD1 size 40 (way too much but i only realise it now)which was too tight sadly, and i recently bought a 42 for only 50e with belt and collar
As a James Dean fan i absolutely wanted this JD1 and every JD jacket from Schott, that is why i bought a JD2 and then a JD6

Here is a picture from the book, maybe i misunderstood it? :
View attachment 210403

This thread is interesting:

https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/james_deans_exact_style_schott_leather_jacket.htm

According to Gail: "The CHP style jacket as shown in photos, does not display the main label, so who knows who manufactured the jacket."
Schott was only commissioned by the JD foundation to create a reproduction of the original, but never made the original which i think is a Cal.

RB7MF5n.jpg

JhhacRf.jpg

rKfMmX7.jpg

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
Interesting read thanks
You are right they do not affirm they made the original jacket, but i'm not sure the JD1 really is a perfect replica, in fact i don't have a big knowledge on the matter so i probably should not assume things
In the book they say :
dsdsd.jpg

I’ve read his jacket was a Cal. But, that Schott repro is really nice. I’m always looking to find one at a good price. Great collection! That d pocket also is stellar

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
Thanks for ur compliments

Those are great, i think my next will be a schott, just because.
Some Schott are really nice, but some are pretty bad, especially these "sportswear" made of lower quality leather, they tend to age poorly from my experience

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner