Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pretty sure this hat is NOT from the 40s

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
It may be styled after the one on what looks like David Nivens' head in the ad, but doesn't look to be a '40s hat, quality-wise. The seller's positive feedback rating of 98.8% is less than satisfactory. Most of the seller's negatives are about item quality, or lack thereof, including items not being as advertised. I'd stay very far away.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Over 19,000+ positive feedbacks, yet only less than 13,000 sales? That's some fuzzy counting there... Looks like they're counting the feedback they left for others... Hmm.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
repeat customers.
Change your view to 200 per page and he's got 93 pages worth of feedback. It's not quite 19k, but it's close.

Anyone who buys the hat thinking it's 40s deserves what he gets.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I just sent a request to the seller for information on any tags behind the hat band/liner area of the hat to see what they will say. I am NO expert but did Stetson put name hat pins on their hats in the 1940's like that hat has on it?

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Clearly NOT from the '40s, but then like almost everything on ebay, you gotta question everything.

Nothing new there.
I remember in the early '80s, walking into a small town antique store where they were trying to sell a modern replica brass frame percussion revolver as a Civil War relic. It even had the modern proof marks on it's brand new barrel.

Caveat emptor ... only today you gotta really emptor that caveat with a lot of caution.

Sam

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Clearly NOT from the '40s, but then like almost everything on ebay, you gotta question everything.

Nothing new there.
I remember in the early '80s, walking into a small town antique store where they were trying to sell a modern replica brass frame percussion revolver as a Civil War relic. It even had the modern proof marks on it's brand new barrel.

Caveat emptor ... only today you gotta really emptor that caveat with a lot of caution.

Sam
You said that one right! I have found out the hard way recently that it pays to be very careful with what you want to buy on eBay. However for the most part, there are a lot of good people and honest deals there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL