Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proper wearing of a belt?

Steve

Practically Family
Is there any "right" direction to wear a leather belt? Should the buckle be facing left or right or does it matter?

Of the cuff and on the fly.

1) Make sure it is not inside out unless reversible.
2) Make sure it is not twisted along the circumfrence.
3) Try not to miss any of the belt loops.

In general guys will thread the belt in thru their left side and around the back to their right, ladies tend to do the reverse.

In some workaday fashions the bukle will be off centered, but normally centered above the fly.

Steve

Practically Family
Ah, glad to know I've been doing things well; for that's how I've been wearing mine for a long time. Thank you John.

indyjim

Familiar Face
I thread mine from the left side to the right, simply because I'm right handed and
pulling the belt tight seems most natural with my right hand. Besides, I've always done it that way.

GateXC

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
If a garroting is what's called for, it should go tightly around one's neck.

But shouldn't be confused with the Columbian neck-tie which is wholly different.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
John in Covina said:
In general guys will thread the belt in thru their left side and around the back to their right, ladies tend to do the reverse.
But this is reversed in the Southern Hemisphere, right? ;)

The one thing I've noticed about belts is you can never have too many. Silver watch goes with silver buckle, gold with gold; so you need black, brown, cordovan, and tan in both. Then you buy suede shoes and you have to hunt for those. It's infuriating.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Southern Hemingsphere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Covina

Hemingway Jones said:
But this is reversed in the Southern Hemisphere, right? ;)

Well- your American way of threading a belt is the Girls' way of doing it, so this must be true.
I am from the Southern, Hem.

B
T

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John in Covina said:
A gooden piece of rope will work just as well for yall back woodsey folks. Ain't no need to be all fancyfied!

The Beverly Hillbillies!

Can we discuss the proper knot to tie the rope belt here or should we start another thread? ;)

I vote "square knot" for that balanced look.

weinerman

New in Town
Belt Conudrum

Hemmingway J,

Gotcha on the belt thing, I have shoes in many colors, try to find a belt!
I've gotten to the point that if I find an "off color" belt I buy it just incase the shoes come up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR