Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pulled the trigger langlitz columbia

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
Well, i finally talked to scott at langlitz about my custom columbia order. Im doing the padded pocket columbia in medium cowhide with several pockets deleted. Im deleting the arm pockets and the watch pocket on the front to clean things up. Im also going to have them use a tan thread for the contrast stitching on everything to make it really pop.

As far as the leather goes, id really like to order their goat, but im just so torn with it. I have a cow vanson in comp weight and scott says their med weight cow is close. I could probably talked into the goat, but i just dont know. Ive heard the goat can flap in the wind. I like that the goat feels broken in but id like some structure as well.

I just took delivery of one of these...kept it 'stock' in terms of designs. I don't think you can every have enough pocket on a Bike. I know you'll love it. I too have several Vanson , the Langlitz really is in a different class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
I ride an old road king. Im going to be adding an ultra limited in the next year or so. The pockets i deleted seem absolutely useless in my opinion. I think i need to look at the length again tomorow. I may have measured a little short. Ill definately post pics when it comes in. There are alot of good pics on their instagram page and they look pretty good withoit the watch pocket. It seems to clean it up alot.

Ive looked at alot of bikes over the years and the big touring cruisers just fit me well. I really like the polaris products but theyre just not quite as nice as a harley but more expensive. Polaris has pushed harley the last few years but harley definately makes the nicest bike in that class. Who knows on the next bike. I may ad a goldwing instead. I just know i want a fully faired tourer. The king is absolutely my hot rod. Ive had guys with their new bikes blow it off only to be humiliated from 0-100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I went through same 'change' process. Just taken delivery of a new Triumph Rocket roadster. Most fun possible with clothes on! Seriously , hate to say it but much better than my previous Harley Road King...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Just taken delivery of a new Triumph Rocket roadster

My former Rocket Roadster. ;) :D

sc006e277e.jpg

01flhr

One of the Regulars
We all like what we like. There are alot of bikes that just dont worrk for me due to long legs and crappy knees. I cant do mid controls for very long at all.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Does it loosen up any since uve had it? This guy is stiff

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Does it loosen up any since uve had it? This guy is stiff

I've been living in it since Monday. I work from home, so I've been in my home office at my desk wearing it while I work. The wife has been out of town on business, so I've been sleeping in it as much as I can.

Like Guppy says, it takes time, but when it starts to soften up, it'll be so worth the effort.

Looking forward to seeing the fit pictures.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Im not really sure how i feel about the length but ill have to get it on the bike and give it a try. Im having a really hard time getting the last couple inches of the zipper done because its in my throat and stiff as a board. Sitting in the pickup on my way here the lappel fold was sitting at my jaw line, being pushed up from the bottom. Just standing, the top of the collar, zipped up, is even with my adams apple. Everything about the jacket, other than the length, feels great. The arms are long but my wrists are covered when i reach out like i would for the bars. The forearms arent tight like they were on my vanson id say wearing it,it feels like a 90% perfect fit at this point. You cant tell in the pics due to my crappy ass phone camera but im pouring sweat in these pictures from the workout this things given me trying to get everything zipped up. Dont mind my pajamas, i go into lounge mode after work, its a little out of my range of caring after working a 16hr shift. Well see about the fit once i get it on the bike, but at this point i feel like its well over an inch long in the front.
c04d6b449ca2a2ced02609a84376c3ea.jpg
75d815e3bbe385e61b61a29e41fa9f1f.jpg
2ab28b4f4660e1d33bc2c9f79a6f7469.jpg
c698a05297a5790ed0fe30443688cb7f.jpg
02433a7dd976098ffc387e541850bccb.jpg
33c446d5ee84be8472602a11b165a6ad.jpg
c4a9d9ff833a7e8e2873421c3f48e960.jpg
4ac92e7c8b1aead1073e0f32698b274d.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
01flhr, congratulations on the new Columbia, it looks good! I forgot all about the unpleasant sensation of the lapels pressing into my neck while the shoulders floated up around my ears when driving for the first time in my new Langlitz. Reading your post brought it all back...
I'm happy to say that that uncomfortable phase passed very quickly for me with this jacket, much more quickly than with the comp. weight Vansons I've had. I would just try to wear the jacket every spare second you can for now. If you can find a summer rainstorm to get caught out in, even better!

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Were you at least able to zip yours all the way up? I know the stiffness will pass, i just feel like i should be able to get the zipper up.

El Marro

Were you at least able to zip yours all the way up? I know the stiffness will pass, i just feel like i should be able to get the zipper up.

I was not able to zip mine up all the way. Since I don't ride a motorcycle this didn't really bother me because I don't ever wear it fully zipped.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
They did, but the problem seems to be the lapels running into my kneck before the zipper is all the way. I dont know, i got it all the way up once and everything laid together perfectly. I may hold off on trying for a little bit. The thing is si stiff i have a hard time getting to the zipper. I think it will be good with some wear. Even with a little bit of wear just laying in the motel room this jacket is just amazing. Blows my vanson and older bates away. Im curious what a newer bates would compare like

regius

I’m also seriously considering a custom Columbia today. Just noticed on their order form that you can choose many truly custom option: sloping of the shoulder in particular. This is a treat as it requires real alteration of the pattern, arm hole, sleeve cap, this is something I’ve never seen other brands offer. The rest of the parameters are similar to what Bates ask, but the should angle my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Marro

why didnt any of you tried the goatskin? thats what they recommend for riding
I don’t ride motorcycles so that wasn’t a consideration for me. I got the medium weight cowhide because in my experience goatskin takes forever and ever to age, if it does at all. I see goatskin Langlitz jackets for sale on eBay and they always look brand new even if they are 20+ years old. I’m sure there are some who would see this as a positive, but I like my leather jackets to look as if they have been around the block a time or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21