Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pulling Off the Casual Look

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I love wearing my fedoras with casual clothes. I frequently wear jeans and a sport coat. Sometimes I wear a v-neck underneath. But most of the time I'm wearing a button up shirt. Here's a couple of shots from work today with some Bowers & Wilkins loudspeakers...

photo1-11.jpg

photo2-11.jpg

I wore my brown McAndrew yesterday with my khaki shorts and a polo. Sneakers and all! For me, it's about confidence; I like to stand out in a crowd and make a statement. Sometimes I use my hats as a "prop" to help start a conversation with a client. I'll wear it when I walk in to their house, but then I'll take it off to be polite. They usually make a comment, but others don't.

And I love to wear it in the car. My seats are height adjustable, so I have great head room!

tealseal

A-List Customer
I don't wear shorts. The only shorts I have are athletic. I wear my hats every day, though I'm usually attired in slacks and an oxford. However, interestingly enough, my go-to hat for those days when I've got a jeans/khakis + polo is my grey Stetson homburg. I push it up on my face a bit, instead of keeping it right above my eyebrows, and off I go!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Shorts, jeans, khakis, polo shirts, tee shirts - all the same to me.

I may rarely wear a tie and sports coat, but I'm in casual mode most of the time with a nice hat on top.

I'm not too afraid of bumping into the guy who wrote the fedora rules any time soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy