Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pulling Off the Casual Look

fiddletown

New in Town
I just like wearing fedoras and find myself comfortable doing so with casual wear. I do tend to favor wider brims, which strike me as working better with casual wear. But I think it's primarily a matter of attitude -- if you feel good about it, it will work.

IMG_0213e-1.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
My gf, and her kids, prefer me in a ball cap, and theres no changing anyone's mind. My gf says I look cute in my ballcaps. Her kids are just uncomfortable with anything different. 'No one else wears cowboy hats.'

Duck

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
I'm almost always in jeans & ropers (boots of the performance horse bunch) with usually a thin or lately a mid-width ribbon snap brim. I wear them with tshirts, henleys, safari, button-down = all kinds of shirts. Wear them with sport coats, leather jackets, field coats, hoodies, etc. You name it... never give it a second thought. It is all a state of mind = get in a hat wearing state of mind!

Sounds like me!! I wear khakis and polo shirt most of the time during the week. Long sleeve shirts are just too hot where I work. I wear everything from thin ribbons, wide ribbons, and cowboy hats.
People are just accustomed to seeing me in a hat.

Duck

Practically Family
Course, the Garand goes great with anything!!!:D

thunderw21 said:
I just wear a hat that goes with what I'm wearing. Thin ribbons work well for casual. Depends upon the degree of casual, too. I have several different degrees of casual in the pics below.

me039.jpg

me054.jpg

me081.jpg

me102.jpg

me090-1.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Here's an older photo taken of me playin' a kiddy piano at a local antique mall!

l_4344f82c51832d138711bd831767eba5.jpg

40s Knox brown fedora with dark brown 40s trousers and a 40s cotton light yellow with black and tan plaid.

Also here's another "casual me"... No hat but, I do that some times.

777791227_l.jpg

Now, this one is my favorite, dark green gab long sleeve, orange/tan 30s linen's and this original 1970s bras wire framed lamp shade! lol

l_575e9959a90c79a07665d01444a60111.jpg

Now, my early 30s casual look. Dress shirt, and cream linen pants dated '38 and a 30s newsboy cap.

l_865e9c2005d04d029c54940e54e92286.jpg

That's me casuals.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
For me, being a younger guy, I don't see the conflict between jeans and hats....actually, I pretty much only wear hats with casual clothing.

4460_577476111198_11701808_34610133_6465273_n.jpg

Here's a pic from Disneyland (that explains the plastic lightsaber!), Christy's Adventurer...obviously the pic is B&W, but take my word for it, it's Sable. I guess it really all fits in with my personal sense of style...although I certainly make no claims for having a good personal sense of style, I'm pretty comfortable with how I integrate hats.

IMG_1777.jpg

Here's something a bit less casual, Indy inspired actually. Stetson Temple in Mink. Black shirt and skinny tie from H&M.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Say, that's a nice casual look; I like the dark leather shoes and the dark jeans with turn ups. I may dare to say the cream felt hat is somewhat out of place as cream felt has always seemed to be better with a suit... a somewhat dressier hat in my opinion.

Aside from that, not bad.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran