Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Beaver Hat for Sale or Trade

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Hello Folks,

In the coming weeks I will be selling a hat or two (or 70). All prices will include Priority shipping and insurance. For many reasons I am looking to sell these hats quick. I want to offer them to Loungers first but if a hat sits around for more than a week then it is off to eBay.

I will consider trades for any hat posted but I warn you, I am picky! I am looking for black hats and fuzzy/velour/longhair hats in almost any color (to include black!). I am looking for hats tagged or matching measurements of 7 1/4, 7 3/8 or 7 1/2. Brims must be at least 2 1/4 inches to be considered.

Light brown pure beaver hat that found its way to me as a beat up cowboy hat. I sent the body off to Optimo and this is the result. Grey bound brim and nearly 2 in green-grey ribbon with matching wind string. The brim is a bit stiff (though still workable) and the crown is soft. It bears a few scars from its western days (see pictures) but nothing that harms the integrity of the felt.

Crown height (open): 5 7/8 in
Brim width: 2 5/8 in
Length/Width of head opening: 8 in x 6 1/2 in

BrownBeaver1.jpg

BrownBeaver3.jpg

BrownBeaver5.jpg

BrownBeaver6.jpg

BrownBeaver7.jpg

BrownBeaver8.jpg

BrownBeaver9.jpg

Asking $150

Regards to all,
Hollis

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
"Length/Width of head opening: 8 in x 6 1/2 in"

Not to be rude or anything, but this doesn't really tell us anything. Believe me, I tried going by this in the past, and disaster is al it will bring.

Please list some sort of size. If you can't measure, or the tag is missing/inaccurate, measure your head and describe the fit relative to that. At least it is more likely to help a buyer judge size.

Good Luck!

theinterchange

One Too Many
You could also put a piece of masking tape around the circumference of the sweatband, put a mark where the ends overlap, take it out and measure the length. [A trick told to me by John Penman of Penman Hats]

Randy

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
I have tried the tape method in the past and was left with finish taken off of the sweatband so I will never do it again.

I have learned my lesson folks-the hat is halfway between a 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 and has been reblocked by Optimo.

Regards to all,
Hollis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner