Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting it all together

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
jessbday.jpg

n506385944_20695_5154.jpg

Out for dinner celebrating my friend's 18th Bday! (Not the girl in the photograph, though haha)

CharlieH. said:
Now, that explains why they're seen on clerks and old west bartenders. Thanks for clarifying.

(And I forgot to mention - thanks for posting the colour combinations, Baron!)

And for clerks (at least bank clerks vulgar enough to remove their jackets) they were used to keep the arm at shorter than regulation length since at the correct length they would smear the ink on the page . . .

bk

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Here's another one for ya. Light green club collar shirt, turquoise tie with flecks 'n stripes, the black waistcoat again . . . What thinks ye?

The only thing that is throwing me off is the color shade of the tie. It doesn't seem to coordinate well with the dark waistcoat. Everything else looks fine to me.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Here's another one for ya. Light green club collar shirt, turquoise tie with flecks 'n stripes, the black waistcoat again . . . What thinks ye?

Combo2Feb.jpg

BK, how do you wear your shirt garters so high? I wear them a little below the elbow...doesn't it cut off circulation at the bicep?

I used to wear them at the elbow, but i got a lot of pinching and other sundry annoyances. So i started wearing them higher. I also seem to remember one of Phiz's drawings of a Sketch by Boz that had a clerk wearing them that high . . . or maybe it was one of the Bleak House drawings? I can't remember. probably it's just improper usage of the sleeve garter.

Cut off the circulation? They're not that tight.

bk

The real Henry

Practically Family
Here's newest purchase I got from Baron Kurtz: A 1930s herringbone tweed sportcoat.

Front
2h52uzp.jpg

Back
334l185.jpg

And a sepia shot:
40pwd4n.jpg

It fits much better than I expected and the colour is great!

Regards,
Henrik

The real Henry

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
A tweed coat worthy of Indy "Dr." Jones himself. Well done! Looks very comfortable. Enjoy it!

You're right it really is comfortable, but at the moment I'm trying to find some dark brown pants and some better red neck ties to get a bit more away from that Dr. Jones look.

Regards,
Henrik

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Nice tweed, Henry!

The real Henry said:
at the moment I'm trying to find some dark brown pants and some better red neck ties
Flannel trousers work well with tweed and for ties, wool, cashmere and silk knit.

The real Henry

Practically Family
Thanks much for your replies!

@Baron Kurtz: You're right it would look much better with a waistcoat, but I'll wait for a nice vintage one, because you know how bad these modern pieces of crap fit/look like.[huh]

@Tomasso: Flannel sure is nice, but I hate modern wool, so I'm more looking for a pair of wide legged chinos or khakis.

Regards,
Henrik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff