Q for ladies who shampoo less than daily

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by Honey Doll, Aug 14, 2006.

1. sheeplady

sheeplady I'll Lock Up Bartender

I was thinking about this the other day and I thought the other thing that might help you is to use styling products if you don't already. I find if I am using hairspray or setting lotion it keeps my hair from getting greasy looking for longer (and in the case of setting lotion, it that builds up it looks like gel). Also, any style that lifts the hair off the scalp seems to reduce grease transfer... for instance, the greasy look is abated by curling my hair or rolling it in victory rolls as both "lift" the hair. Combined with the styling products, even when I washed my hair with shampoo, I could get another day or two out of my hair than if I didn't.

2. Maudelynn

Maudelynn Familiar Face

I usually wash my hair twice a week, or there abouts. The first day, I pin curl it and sit under the hooded dryer. The second day, I refresh the bottom of the curls with hot sticks, the third day I smooth down the waves and do a small 1930s roll in the back. I usually deep condition one or twice a month, and do a vinegar rinse every other wash! :)

3. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

I only put shampoo in my hair two times a month. I condition everything I get it wet which is about three times a week

4. QueenOfRandom

QueenOfRandom New in Town

I have found that actually, thanks :)

Currently doing the talc method and it really does help on the extra day! But I do find that it looks okay until I brush it, then it looks greasy... Grrrr (before talc that is) I have noticed a difference though, when I do wash it, it's bloody beautiful and so soft! I am persevering, I will make this work!

5. BettieBombshellBeauty

BettieBombshellBeauty New in Town

i'm a modified Curly Girl (completely on accident) because I use a non sulfate shampoo, but very infrequently....twice a month, maybe. I've pretty much stopped using products that require a liberal scrubbing to remove, so I could get rid of shampooing all together- but i do like to thoroughly clean my hair every so often.