Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

question for hot roller users

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if all sets are this way, but my Clairol set has a dozen small rollers, 4 medium rollers and 6 larger rollers. For a modern set, I use the large, for a vintage set I use the small. Either way, it's not enough of any given size for my whole head. Do you have this problem and how have you solved this problem?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
oo, yours is different. I have a Clarial Kindness Delux w Way Hair Setter. It contains 4 small, 10 med, and 6 large. Generally I just use the medium rollers and roll the bottom, not the whole head, under for a page boy, but now that its getting longer it's not page boying very well.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
Can you buy extra rollers?

That's what I ended up doing with my Caruso set. The large rollers were way to big for me, so I bought extra's of the extra small.

Dixiedaisey

New in Town
Purchase a set or a couple of sets of extra small rollers (the information to purchase these is usually in the little booklet that comes with the hot rollers but you could probably look on the company's website and get that info). I put one of the extra rollers on the heating element each time I take one off and by the time I work my way down both rows of small rollers, the extras I have put on are the perfect temperature to use. It is a bit of an extra investment and a teensy bit of extra work, but you are able to set your hair throughout with the ideal size of roller and will always achieve perfect waves!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
That's a good idea. My set is so old, I didn't even think they might still sell it. I guess that's my mission today.

Rainbow

Familiar Face
Caruso....

RetroMom....you mentioned you use Caruso. I've tried them but the steam makes my hair damp, but I have very fine, limp hair. How do you use them?

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When you use Caruso you must shake or tap the water off the roller first several times before putting the roller on the hair. If you shake it, it's very hot so make sure no live beings are around on the floor or they will get stung with drops of steaming water! I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24