Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question from new member

alden

New in Town
Gentlemen,

Thanks to MK and the rest of the members here for a very informative resource one of my favorite subjects!

My name is Michael Alden, a bespoke dressing enthusiast, and daily hat or cap wearer for 30 years.

Recently there was a post on my website dedicated to custom, bespoke dressing (www.thelondonlounge.net), regarding Borsalino hats. I have heard that Borsalino makes an awful lot of hats for other retailers and most notably for some very famous London based UK shops. It has even been suggested that Borsalino makes hats for Lock. Can any of you confirm this?

It is not uncommon that many great UK shops now have their products made in Italy. Smiths umbrellas are made there for example. Who would have thought this possible? But if Lock sources from Borsalino..goodness what a shock that would be.

As far as Fedoras go I have to content myself with the Burlington model from Bates for the moment, until I can get to Chicago and have Graham make me an Optimo hat.

Until then, best regards from Paris

M Alden

www.thelondonlounge.net

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
alden said:
Gentlemen,

Thanks to MK and the rest of the members here for a very informative resource one of my favorite subjects!

My name is Michael Alden, a bespoke dressing enthusiast, and daily hat or cap wearer for 30 years.

Recently there was a post on my website dedicated to custom, bespoke dressing (www.thelondonlounge.net), regarding Borsalino hats. I have heard that Borsalino makes an awful lot of hats for other retailers and most notably for some very famous London based UK shops. It has even been suggested that Borsalino makes hats for Lock. Can any of you confirm this?

It is not uncommon that many great UK shops now have their products made in Italy. Smiths umbrellas are made there for example. Who would have thought this possible? But if Lock sources from Borsalino..goodness what a shock that would be.

As far as Fedoras go I have to content myself with the Burlington model from Bates for the moment, until I can get to Chicago and have Graham make me an Optimo hat.

Until then, best regards from Paris

M Alden

www.thelondonlounge.net

Optimo hats are our luxury.

My favorite hat except Vintage. Beware of shills from other sites??
Welcome,

Roger :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff