Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

questions about piercing

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
hotrod_elf said:
I use to work in a piercing studio back in college. We would get bored and try and figure out what to pierce next.

I have an ex who thought it would be a good idea to get the web of his thumb pierced. HAHAHA Seriously, when your piercer tells you something is a just plain bad idea, you should probably listen.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
I have an ex who thought it would be a good idea to get the web of his thumb pierced. HAHAHA Seriously, when your piercer tells you something is a just plain bad idea, you should probably listen.

lol yeah, I've seen a couple people who got that done, I have a couple of friends that own shops and we used to hang out in one inparticular all the time, needless to say I got to see some interesting expermental piercings!

verazasulich

New in Town
dollydaydream said:
Oh, I used to wear proper gothy corsets too, and never had a problem...

Sorry if I'm coming in a bit late here, but I just had to get this off my chest...

Argh! I'm so jealous! I had my navel pierced when I was 18 and it healed pretty rapidly, but it gave me a world of trouble with my gothy corsets. Eventually the corsets won and the piercing became history. It was also fairly inconvenient to wear with work trousers because it kept getting caught in the fabric.

The only publicly visible piercing I have now is an anti-eyebrow and I'd be a rich woman if I got a dollar for every time someone asks me, "Did that hurt?"

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Anyone here have any experience with flesh staples? I think those are really lovely.

not personal experience, but I've known a few people who have had them and they had problems with them either rejecting, or migrating. one of my best friends had a flesh staple on her chest and dermal anchors surrounding in a triangle type design, none of which she has any more due to rejection (at least with the staple... the dermal anchors tore out at a later date).

verazasulich

New in Town
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
aww I'm jealous, where I work I am not allowed to have visible facial piercings. anti eyebrows are so very pretty!

:eek:fftopic: I don't think the HR department in the office likes it very much, but I've managed to lay low...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran