Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

questions about piercing

Inky

One Too Many
I don't have my belly button done, but I'm pretty familiar with body piercing and I would recommend not having anything rub on it for a while as it heals, just like with any below the neck piercing. Not wearing panties/tights or anything tight around the waist for a few weeks should do the trick.

I've often pondered taking out my piercings as I get older - we should all be a riot in the nursing homes in 20+ years with our tattoos and holes in our bodies.

I have 3/4" holes (19mm) in my ears and wear different plugs or earlets as the mood strikes, a labret, my tongue, my septum (though I only wear a retainer and rarely any visible jewelry there), my left nostril (I am guess it's open, I never put anything there either) and a few below the neck piercings. I did remove quite a few for surgery a year ago April, but put them all back eventually. Most have been pierced well over 20 years and probably would never close up I'd venture to guess.

Usually the rule of thumb (or ear, as it were) is once you go over 0 gauge then the hole will not shrink all the way back to "normal." I know I like to freak out my little nieces by sticking my finger through my earlobe. Bad Auntie!! lol

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Why do you wear a retainer in your septum? That is one of my favourties! Along with my cheeks and tonhue (I have 5 in my tongue 1 in the webbing).

I had to wear a retainer in my septum for work, but all the changing made it really sore so it had to go. It was my favourite ever piercing (I've had many) and I can't have it again because there's a lump in there :(

*sigh*

Damn this thread. I'll be getting pierced in Brighton this weekend I think lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
A lot of people I know just wear C bells in their septums and then flip them up inside for work. Can't see it just like wearing a retainer, but you don't have to change the jewelry and can just flip it down when you want it to be seen.

Inky

One Too Many
i_am_the_scruff said:
Why do you wear a retainer in your septum? That is one of my favourties! Along with my cheeks and tonhue (I have 5 in my tongue 1 in the webbing).

I love that piercing and want to keep it open and the retainer works for me. I tried wearing a c-ball type but my nostrils weren't wide enough to be able to flip it up, hahaha!! And here I thought my nose was so huge, lol

Sometimes I put a tiny silver ring in there that just fits perfectly under the septum without hanging down too far, that's my favorite look. I had both of my cheeks pierced for a long while a couple years ago - those were a pain to heal and finally I gave up. And I hate giving up!

I'm looking into a microdermal cheek piercing up near my eye but I'm not sure yet. Do I really need/want another hole?

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Cheek piercings are notorious for being troublemakers.

My left one healed fine and my right one is okay but I keep getting a bump on it that fills up and I have to pop it. I don't mind though, i'm one of those sick people that loves popping zits and stuff :D

Also the bump isn't really visible so It's fine.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Inky said:
Usually the rule of thumb (or ear, as it were) is once you go over 0 gauge then the hole will not shrink all the way back to "normal."

Im a bit above 5/8" and I Know they will never go back. But wearing plugs, people seem not to notice unless they stare. Thats good. They are large enough for me, but not too large to create a distraction, unless I wear my tunnels.....:rolleyes:

Inky said:
I know I like to freak out my little nieces by sticking my finger through my earlobe. Bad Auntie!! lol

I put my pen through my tunnels at work sometimes (habit), freaks out my co workers :D

LD

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I love the smell of my septum. I often move the jewellery just so I can smell it :p

I only have metal a tunnel for my lobe stretch, but I clean it so hopefully the stench isn't too noticable!

Inky

One Too Many
i_am_the_scruff said:
Well, tis the truth :D

do you have any pictures where your piercings are visible?

Not really, I wear such a teeny one in my labret and my tongue has only one, but I have some pictures of the day I got my cheeks done that are HORRIBLY ugly photos - you would have to bribe me to share, haha.

I just saw your's on the hairdo thread (good grief it's hard to keep up in here, i can see now why folks have thousands of posts!) and you are soooo pretty. your piercings suit you very well :)

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Not really, I wear such a teeny one in my labret and my tongue has only one, but I have some piercings of the day I got my cheeks done that are HORRIBLY ugly photos - you would have to bribe me to share, haha.

I just saw your's on the hairdo thread (good grief it's hard to keep up in here, i can see now why folks have thousands of posts!) and you are soooo pretty. your piercings suit you very well :)
Thank you very much :)

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I agree on the stretched ear funk, I noticed though that as I stretched my ears bigger, they smelled less and less (currently at an inch and in the process of shrinking down a bit). I always wear stone, since it's naturally porus maybe that has something to do with it, since on SS the funk just sits until you wash it off.

I've had my septum pierced for about 3 years and never wear jewelry in it, pierced at an 8, it's shrunk up a bit to a 12, but that's where it stopped. had numerous other piercings, but all that's left is the lobes and septum piercing.

bmezine.com really does have good info, I've been a member of their IAM community for a few years and it's been very enlightening.

oh p.s. I'm new here, sorry to barge in on the conversation, but I got tired of lurking! hehe :)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I use to work in a piercing studio back in college. We would get bored and try and figure out what to pierce next. I ended up with two industral ear piercings. (two actual holes with a barbell going through both), tongue and one that does see the light of day (if know what I mean). I had more piercings but those are the ones that have stayed. My ears lobes were 3/8 now they are normal size. I don't even wear jewerly in the bottom holes now.

Never had my belly button done. I saw too many people that came in with infected ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters