Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Questions on Indy jacket

Smitty920

New in Town
Hi! I just acquired an Indy (Crusades) goat skin jacket from Wested. This is my first ever leather product so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I noticed on the right sleeve that there is a very faded spot. It looks like a stain. You can only really make it out under direct light and if you look carefully. There’s also what looks like a scar of some kind. Are both of those just imperfections in the leather, or should I have some concern?

I just got the jacket on Friday. I have worn it in very light rain with an umbrella. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you!
80A79C9F-3EE3-43A4-B819-FCCF217E9CA6.jpeg
9899CB23-D521-457A-AC25-6BD95D37905B.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Personally, I wouldn’t mind much. Doesn’t look like the integrity of the leather is affected, and as for optics - leather jackets are practically bound to change and patina.
i do accept though, that with a brand new jacket expectations may differ.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Personally, I wouldn’t mind much. Doesn’t look like the integrity of the leather is affected, and as for optics - leather jackets are practically bound to change and patina.
i do accept though, that with a brand new jacket expectations may differ.

Ah, sorry, I looked again at the stain and this time with artificial light. Yes, I do concur with the others: definitely something that shouldn’t be there. Please disregard the earlier post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot