Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick Campdraft comparison vid.

I have 4 Campdrafts in my usual rotation, a beater, older fawn (no liner, just a tip sticker); a Heritage Silverbelly; a Heritage Moonstone; & a TFL special Imperial Bluegrass Green.
I've owned & passed on Imperial Silverbelly, Bluegrass Green, Glenn Grey, Mid-Brown & Fawn, all that I bought new. I've never had an Imperial CD that I didn't think additional pouncing except TFL special.
None of the Heritage versions once I inspected them needed additional pouncing. They were not near a coarse as the Imperials. The Heritage felt is denser but never did I think it was thinner than Imperial.
The hand of the Heritage models felt tighter & smoother right out of the box. Like Moon stated, Heritage have a nicer sweat & the ribbons used are a grade up too. JMHO

...How fast is the delivery time if I was to order a Campfraft from the hattery.
The hats I've ordered from The Hattery have arrived in 7-10 days, but I'm on the west coast so it might take an extra day or seven to get to you. Also, they all shipped within 24 hours of the time I made the purchases; no grass growing under their feet. Also, my last hat sat in Australia for two extra days because, apparently, Australia Post doesn't work on Saturday or Sunday, so I'd suggest you order early in the week. ;)

You're always wrong...
So my wife tells me. :D

Willybob

A-List Customer
Great vids Moon and great thread. Its interesting how different experiences have been. I have a brown Bushman in Imperial and a Campdraft in Heritage or Deluxe silverbelly. The Campdraft is much stiffer, Im assuming partially because it may be thicker felt. The Bushman is very flexible. I was suprised at how poorly the Campdraft was pounced. It is much scratchier or rougher than my Imperial Bushman. It even has some clumps and lumps. I had expected it to be very smooth. I also have a Downunder in Imperial. it has a very smooth finish and is very flexible. The Heritage Campdraft may be more durable but the Bushman and the Downunder are much smoother to the touch.

When I was bashing my CD BGG just using my fingers and steam there was felt coming off the hat, like little dust balls raised by my fingers. Is this a sign of needing more pouncing? It was as if I were pouncing it with just my fingers. This did not happen with my open crown Sydney

tommyK

One Too Many
When I was bashing my CD BGG just using my fingers and steam there was felt coming off the hat, like little dust balls raised by my fingers. Is this a sign of needing more pouncing? It was as if I were pouncing it with just my fingers. This did not happen with my open crown Sydney

Not unusual, just fur fibers coming off. Some shed more and others less. You tend to get less of that with vintage hats but they shed a little too.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Wow! such a helpful video. You'd wish companies would post these in addition to their photo galleries. It would help pressing the Purchase button a lot more.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Glad you guys liked them. If I knew anyone would actually watch them and find them helpful I may have thought things out more and done a much better job at comparing, :)[/QUOTE}

Anthony; Your hat rack is extensive and your observations are that of a hat wearer and then a hat connoisseur. In my mind it gives you "street cred. " What you say and the use of Youtube is excellent. It is a good reminder of the variety of communication available to us. I while back a member worked up a few Hats of the Week vids. They were lovely and entertaining.

I enjoyed. I tip my brim in your direction this very cold morning. Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Eric
I really could make some good vids if I put in the effort.... This was really just a spur of the moment off the cuff one take Jake style thing off the top of my head.
If I prepared I could probably put together something pretty good.

Glad you guys dig it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn