Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick, your house is on fire. What single jacket do you rescue?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I'd take my Johnson Leather M-8002 modified 60s Car Coat in bisonhide. I'd miss my Highwayman and my Vanson Stadium, but these are off the rack and easily replaced.

Fury

New in Town
As much as I like my leather jacket, I'd probably grab this one:
ve8Vz7l.jpg

I think it might be flame retardant as well :)

No offense but I have a carpet on my hall that looks exactly the same :D

Peacoat

Bartender
I agree with Worf. I would grab the Thunder Bay as it is the most expensive of all of them, with the possible exception of the Goodwear A-2. Can't remember what I paid for it.

Fury

New in Town
Well, if I had to rescue some of my leather jackets, and I have tried a lot of s_ _t, ELC, Aero, Kelso and some other madda Fs, I'd take my Magnoli U-boat and a vintage-second hand-1980s-made in Korea-mall market Avirex G1. I'd gladly watch the other stuff burn. Nothing like a good fire to decuttler your life. :D

pawineguy

One Too Many
Naturally we shall assume all your loved ones are safe and sound, and that the weather outside has no bearing on the choice you make!

For me, that jacket is probably my Vanson x Epaulet Trident jacket. Modeled after the Model B, it has slightly taken in shoulders, blacked out hardware and is made using their midweight Z150 leather.

I never expected to grow to love this jacket so much. In fact, I picked it up from Epaulets sale section for peanuts after my brother insisted I give Vanson a try. When I first got the jacket, it fit extremely boxy and awkward. Only after months of wear, did the jacket start to drape and just feel downright comfortable. Now, I consider it my best fitting jacket!

I watched those for a while, as I have a lot of stuff from Epaulet, but like you, I couldn't get past how square the shoulders were... more than any jacket I have ever seen. Now it looks great on you, and you got it for a fantastic price.

Pretty sure I would take the old Vanson I just acquired, as it would take me 20 - 30 years to replicate. The others I could just re-order with the homeowner's insurance.

Last edited:

LaymanX

One of the Regulars
I watched those for a while, as I have a lot of stuff from Epaulet, but like you, I couldn't get past how square the shoulders were... more than any jacket I have ever seen. Now it looks great on you, and you got it for a fantastic price.

Pretty sure I would take the old Vanson I just acquired, as it would take me 20 - 30 years to replicate. The others I could just re-order with the homeowners.

Haha, tbh I was going to recommend this jacket to you Chris! Glad you found your own Vanson to cherish.

galopede

One of the Regulars
I'd be stuck choosing between my old Barbour Northumbria, tatty though it is, and my Gloverall Duffle coat! I have several leathers but would miss either of those two most.

Gareth

mr_lits

A-List Customer
What i'd like to believe I'd do:
Grab up my Goodwear B6 in one fell swoop and casually toss it on while dashing down the hall. Swing through the kitchen on the way out grabbing my bottle of Midleton Reserve and that cigar I keep hidden. Hit the outside stoop and just settle in for the show.....

What it would really be like:
Freak out at the sudden smell of smoke. Fumble in the darkness for SOMETHING to put on, finding my jacket in the darkness and fighting in on while I run to rescue the wife and ... the cat. Getting outside to realize my whiskey, jackets, collection, tank animals and all my other s#*t was turning to ashes. Only to look down and realize I grabbed and put on my stained and filthy Carhartt jacket..... but at least I would have my wife.... and the cat...

Last edited:

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I keep a fire lit in a wood stove all winter not 20 feet from my collection, Trust me I worry when I leave the house and the fire is going.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It would have to be my Good Wear Dubow - it cost twice what I paid for any of my other jackets. (That doesn't mean it's my favorite, but it's definitely the crown jewel of my little collection.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21