Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.I.P. Don Adams

Vintage

New in Town
So sad to hear about it. I just read about it in the news; Get Smart! was such a great show, I have not missed any re-run of the programme since the local classical channel passed it again. I'll always remember him, I guess.

get-smart-photo-get-smart-6203900.jpg

Hamsterjeep

New in Town
"Sorry about that,Chief!"

Don Adams was a great actor. One of his lesser known roles was his short lived "Don Adams Screen Test" TV show, 1975, where they would have people re-enact famous scenes in classic movies with all the make-up, costumes and props. Like kinda a Fedora Lounge dream show- except that it was 30 years ago!

Very sad. :cry:
GS is one of my all time favorite TV shows. I had a huge GS collection when I was in my early 20's. Clippings, photos, books, etc. I still have it in storage. Barbara Feldon can still be heard in voice over's on commercials. There is one running right now for a prescription medication that is her. She is a great lady and wrote me several letters.

:cry: Farewell Don.
I love Get Smart. Hopefully they'll release the seasons on DVD soon. I've heard rumors of DVD's as early as January 2006. I don't know if it's true though.
I just heard about the movie. I hope to death that it won't tarnish the show's name. I can't imagine anyone but Don Adams playing Maxwell Smart. Fingers crossed...

ITG said:
Did he also do the voice of Inspector Gadget?

Yes he did.

Hondo

One Too Many
shamus said:
I just saw this thread.. turns out I missed it by that much....

He made many, many people smile...

Yeah, I missed this thread, its sad, its been so many years I remember as a kid, his voice in the cartoon "Tennessee Tuxedo and his tales", That penguin with the fedora, and walrus buddy, Chumley!!! Really gonna miss you Don :cry:

Hondo

One Too Many
ITG said:
Did he also do the voice of Inspector Gadget?

Your right on, I think he was, Tennessee Tuxedo should be life time member of "Fedora" :cheers1: Note: Don Adams and Barbara Feldon were one of the first TV couples to post for Playboy, Barbara is still great look'm ;)

TennesseeTuxedoandhistales.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy