Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Radio Actor/Actress Performances

Sunny

One Too Many
Ace Fedora said:
Agree completely. The only reason I've listened to any of the Boston Blackie episodes was to listen to Morris -- it's not a show that you listen to for in-depth characterization or richly detailed plots! :)
And I'll say that the four Chester Morris episodes I have found (only four! :( ) are WAY different from the rest of them. The other guy drives me crazy!

'Bout my only "vintage radio" experience is with Welles' version of War of the Worlds--if it was good enough to trigger a panic they musta been doing something right!--there are a few series I'm looking for, but being a completist means problems since I don't know of a single series that's been archived in its entirety.

Sunny

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
'Bout my only "vintage radio" experience is with Welles' version of War of the Worlds--if it was good enough to trigger a panic they musta been doing something right!--there are a few series I'm looking for, but being a completist means problems since I don't know of a single series that's been archived in its entirety.
Oh, they're out there. It depends on the series, how long it ran, and when.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Lux Radio theatre & "The Big Show"

My two favourite plays are "The Man Who Came To Dinner" with Clifton Web giving an over the top performance as a "show Biz" type and a very young Lucile Ball as his secretary. and of course Agnes Moorhead in "Sorry Wrong Number" from the play series "Suspense" Presented by "Roma Wines" (as they remind us every few minutes)

I also enjoy "The Big Show" presented by "the Glamerous, unpredictable Tallulah Bankhead)) a Sunday night extravaganza of a show, from Sunday nights in the very early 1950's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters