Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country Single Rider

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That made in NZ tag is the Few aka RMNZ.
That's what I suspected. Very well made. The coat is old, the lining has piled but the jacket shell is holding up like new. I hope the original crafts people find a new shop to make their stuff from. And the leather is what I would assume inspired what Shinki leather is today. Very good stuff.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's what I suspected. Very well made. The coat is old, the lining has piled but the jacket shell is holding up like new. I hope the original crafts people find a new shop to make their stuff from. And the leather is what I would assume inspired what Shinki leather is today. Very good stuff.
The Few also uses a wide variety of leather.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Rainbow Country is awesome. Best kept secret in Japan. I am a convert. They don't distribute outside of Japan which is unfortunate. Hope more western dealers starts to carry them.
There are some overseas retailers, such as Blue Works here in Sydney, I was able to try on an A-2 which was great, but I'm after a Hercules or Ponyboy. Very small shop so don't know how the distribution is but he gets a small size range in with each season.

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
There are some overseas retailers, such as Blue Works here in Sydney, I was able to try on an A-2 which was great, but I'm after a Hercules or Ponyboy. Very small shop so don't know how the distribution is but he gets a small size range in with each season.
I really like the Pony Boy style. The lapels are on point!

Rainbow Country Highwayman, RCL-10080, a tribute to the Original Highwayman from Aero.

View attachment 465379 View attachment 465380 View attachment 465381 View attachment 465382

I got this one from Americaya store on Rakuten. Their posted measurement numbers is on the smaller side. This is a size 42, same size as Aero's premier jackets. Same size and cutting as my RMC Elvis jacket in 44. Shoulder 19", P2P 22" ish (can be 22.75" but not 23"), hem 21" ish (just a hair shy of full 22"), Back and Sleeves, 25" and 25.5" respectively. So the RC size is same as Aero's premier size.

As usual RC has impeccable machine skills with nicest quality leather from Japan. The Talon is a let down. That's not RC but repro Talon. Normal RC zips are bomb proof, I think YKK based. These Talons are not.
This jacket fits better than the Aero version. The sides curve in nicely. Well done- a beauty!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I'm also after a Ponyboy jacket myself. I missed the Mushman restock just a while back. Hope I can find one from one of the stores when it restocks. Dublinpremium has both the black and brown one. Very nice aviator jacket indeed.

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
I'm also after a Ponyboy jacket myself. I missed the Mushman restock just a while back. Hope I can find one from one of the stores when it restocks. Dublinpremium has both the black and brown one. Very nice aviator jacket indeed.
It seems that the timeline for a restock is a bit unknown at the moment. I'm trying to figure out if I'd get more use out of a Hercules or Speedster in that Seal Brown color they have

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It seems that the timeline for a restock is a bit unknown at the moment. I'm trying to figure out if I'd get more use out of a Hercules or Speedster in that Seal Brown color they have
The Rainbow Country re-stocking speed is slow. The only new one that I saw got restocked is the dark seal A2 jacket. Starting this month (November) the deliveries are suppose to happen though. So I am keeping my eyes out for them.

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
The Rainbow Country re-stocking speed is slow. The only new one that I saw got restocked is the dark seal A2 jacket. Starting this month (November) the deliveries are suppose to happen though. So I am keeping my eyes out for them.
Well I bit the bullet on the Hercules in Seal Brown. Mushmans said around 3-4 months until they receive their stock but could be longer.

Damon141

Practically Family
I have to say I love looking at their designs, attentive to the maximum on details.

It seems like Rainbow Country plays around with ideas once in a while. This looks like a single or limited run with NOS zippers and unique labels.
F7FEB665-8921-4314-9787-62D2CC28DC76.jpeg
E04799CD-FBB5-4AD1-9DEF-C18EA0FFEEC9.jpeg
BBFCD8A3-AFEA-4AC3-8C51-995FDB51D7EE.jpeg
4EBE1E9D-E040-4A29-94AC-7EBDB018619C.jpeg
F2882CB7-85A9-4EE7-9146-73A501C9D793.jpeg
B09EB297-4582-47A6-8A65-CB69BD924434.jpeg
9436E91D-62BD-42DE-85D0-84E558A1AD73.jpeg
84B18B37-0DB2-46CC-BFEE-3D7C9A5AFA80.jpeg
CCD0B453-FA69-4AD2-B271-AF71E00A620F.jpeg

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This cat eye CR is full of top-of-the-line manufacturing details. Just love the piece. The late 40s early 50s zipper is just unbelievable. How they were able to locate so many zippers for their collection? My Cal Leathers early 50s prototype does not have a such zipper. Even the moon-shaped stops look just great. The finish of the zippers is phenomenal. Truly I have never seen such a thing. I WANT ONE. LOL.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Anyone have any pics of a Rainbow Country with some wear on it? Maybe @Canuck Panda ? Would love to see how that Shinki starts to age.
I've only worn mine indoors, too cold outside to wear just the slimmer leather jackets. I need a vest to go on the outside like the FW one.
Will post progress pics soon. RC leather age very well, creases nicely.

sshack

A-List Customer
This cat eye CR is full of top-of-the-line manufacturing details. Just love the piece. The late 40s early 50s zipper is just unbelievable. How they were able to locate so many zippers for their collection? My Cal Leathers early 50s prototype does not have a such zipper. Even the moon-shaped stops look just great. The finish of the zippers is phenomenal. Truly I have never seen such a thing. I WANT ONE. LOL.
If you don't mind, can someone say a few things about why vintage Talon NOS are better then regular modern zippers? I know they're more rare/valuable... but not sure why. Do they function better? Sorry for being lazy, I bet I could find it w/ enough googling. But sometimes people like to talk about this stuff and I'm willing to read/listen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko