Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RARE 1930s Collegiate Ultra High Waist Wide Leg Trousers

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer

cahTx.gif

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It's not just how damn rare they are but the condition is great. Though I must say that I do not like this style of trouser. I suppose it's being old enough to remember the seventies and trousers such as 'Spencers Bags' which were so popular. I also associate the wide waist band and multiple buttons with blokes who wanted to "kick yer 'ead in". But that's just my prejudices!

Good luck. I'm sure they are going to sell well.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
They are worth the (genuine) maximum bid... regardless of the (often arbitrary) reserve.

Then again some sellers use the reserve function as a "trial balloon" to test out the maximum bid.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I disagree. I recently used it to protect myself against giving away an extremely rare and valuable 1880 men's business suit in an unusual fabric, large size and in excellent condition. It's worth more than $100, and I don't plan to let myself be cheated when I can avoid it.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
That is certainly often true - especially when an item gets missed out by the right audience.

I am not suggesting that every maximum bid reflects the true value of an item - but regarding the collegiate pants I think the 680 USD are a fair price.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
I haven't seen anything sell on ebay that isn't workwear for that much money in a long time. Wow. I wonder what her reserve price was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran