Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare montecristi superfino

oldhat

New in Town
For sale is a vintage Montecristi "Superfino" Panama hat in pristine condition.
I was told that this very rare Montecristi Panama hat was made in the early 1920’s when I purchased it almost 20 years ago. The hat was never worn, been kept in proper storage, and periodically taken out to be admired.

The hat is supple and smooth as silk. It is truly a work of art and magnificent collector’s item.

Imprinted on the fine leather sweatband is where the hat was originally sold - "Casa Arcentales, PO Box T, Guayaquil, Ecuador, South America".

Inside the crown, there is a round ink stamp with "MONTECRISTI", and a figure in the center. In addition, initials of the dealer or weaving village. The 7 1/4 hat size and price is also noted.

The hat has a perfect Black Ribbon.

The weave count is approx 32x33 as best counted on the Brim.

Pictures to follow.

I look forward to answering all questions.

oldhat

New in Town
Open to reasonable offers
Probably need to wait until pictures are posted and folks have a chance to view the hat

If you can assist me in posting pictures I would be grateful

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
montesuperfino1.jpg

montesweatband2.jpg

montesweatband3.jpg

monteweavecount5.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I'm interested. How about some pics of the crown crease, the inside of the crown and the backweave?

For your information:

You can send and receive PM (private messages) once you have 15 posts. Just post some "love that hat" and you're there in no time.

How to post pics:

1. Compress original pics to a size of 300-600 KB (about 900 or 1100 pixel at the longer side of the image) for a decent image resolution. If you don't know which image viewing/ converting program to use, I suggest downloading the freeware program Fast Stone Image Viewer, it's very easy to handle if you're a Windows user.

2. Upload the image files to an image hosting site like Photobucket and copy & paste the IMG code into the message text of your Fedora Lounge posts.
The Photobucket IMG code looks like this:
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/KM25man/VS-ribbonbows.jpg[/IMG
...but with an extra "]" bracket at the end which I left out so that you can see the code and not the image.

[B]Note:[/B]
You can't post full resolution images (4-5 MB file size), but you can post links to such images in addition to posting the compressed files - or just as an alternative (if it makes things easier for you):
If you're a Dropbox user, copy the original full resolution pics into the public folder of your Dropbox and copy & paste the public link into your Fedora Lounge posts.

Last edited:

oldhat

New in Town
Please note that the color of the top of the hat in the picture is influenced by the flash.
The color in the previous photos is most accurate

oldhat

New in Town
My apologies to everyone for not including a price as per the classified parameters.
This is my first time.
$375 plus shipping for a very quick sale!

Iyor

One of the Regulars
My apologies to everyone for not including a price as per the classified parameters.
This is my first time.
$375 plus shipping for a very quick sale!

I'll take it. What is your email?

Last edited:

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
That's an awesome looking hat, and it seems a very fair price. Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy