Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare one

dr greg

One Too Many
Long time since I added to the collection, but I couldn't pass this up for $20, it was squashed etc, but some needlework and a gentle wash..voila. A rare pastel colour I haven't seen in a LONG time.
Ii1GI.jpg

WGLlF.jpg

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
Nice one Dr Greg that's a beauty. I'm just interested to know what Australia's version of Florida is... Byron Bay? Port Macquarie?

Last edited:

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
I fell in love with this hat, amazing style and colour. One wonders why the manufacturers do not make them like this any more...?? I realize tastes change, but we have to buy what the people sell, not what the people want a lot of the time. Same with cars, why not make older style cars, instead of the formulaic bubbles they make these days... choice should be paramount !! Nice find there from a jealous man

Great find! I would like to see more of these old Akubra dress hats. Are vintage ones common in Australia? I would guess not based on lack there of here on the FL. By the way any idea on the date of this one?

dr greg

One Too Many
Nice one Dr Greg that's a beauty. I'm just interested to know what Australia's version of Florida is... Byron Bay? Port Macquarie?

Well I haven't been to Florida actually, but if you want unrestricted housing development on top of old swamps, flash cars everywhere full of criminals and their blonde bimbo's, crumbling high-rise monstrosities looming over what was once pristine coastline, a proliferation of sharks both aquatic and terrestrial, LOTS of violent crime, corruption, and a culture of greed, whore-mongering, drunkenness and glitz, I'd head for the Gold Coast, about 30 minutes North of here!
BTW my best guess on vintage of the hat is 50's...and I reblocked it as it had been squashed.

Last edited:

Well I haven't been to Florida actually, but if you want unrestricted housing development on top of old swamps, flash cars everywhere full of criminals and their blonde bimbo's, crumbling high-rise monstrosities looming over what was once pristine coastline, a proliferation of sharks both aquatic and terrestrial, LOTS of violent crime, corruption, and a culture of greed, whore-mongering, drunkenness and glitz, I'd head for the Gold Coast, about 30 minutes North of here!
BTW my best guess on vintage of the hat is 50's...and I reblocked it as it had been squashed.

Yeah, sounds like South Florida.

That is a good-looking hat, Dr G. As Mayser asked, any idea on the vintage of that one?

>>BTW my best guess on vintage of the hat is 50's...and I reblocked it as it had been squashed.

Hatophile, See above. I believe this is the first vintage dress Akubra I have seen. There are good number of Australian posters so I would expect to see more of them. Maybe they just didn't survive?

>>BTW my best guess on vintage of the hat is 50's...and I reblocked it as it had been squashed.

Hatophile, See above. I believe this is the first vintage dress Akubra I have seen. There are good number of Australian posters so I would expect to see more of them. Maybe they just didn't survive?

Thanks, Steve, missed that last part. It'd be nice to see more of those surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW