Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare tigersharkskin shoes vintage nos$$$$$

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
These shoes are very rare Tiger Sharkskin shoes, a nice roomy 10 1/2 with a wide and a bit higher than normal toe box area. The pictures I have taken of them will not capture the real beauty of these shoes ever. The shoes have never been worn, never even laced, made about the year 1966 and purchased and sent to their first owner in 1971. They have sat in their box since then until the death of their owner a few weeks ago, and now they are up for sale. They come in the original box with shoe bags that are really nice red and black plaid flannel, the original shoe order and mailing information is also intact. You will notice on the one shoe, the tag that states about the Tigershark leather from the sea, from the unchallenged ruler of the sea, comes the worlds most rugged uniquely masculine leather, careful scientific processing has produced a premium leather, not only naturally soft and supply, but also durable and water repellent.

The soles are a specially treated leather, that helps them be protected also against bad weather, the shoes are an all weather shoe.

The inside of the shoes are fully leather lined with a very smooth and soft gray leather, the footbed of the shoe is fully cushioned and there is a circular pad cushion in the footbed down near the ball of the foot area, the entire inner shoe is smooth and soft, the quality of the entire shoe inside and out is above anything I have ever seen in a shoe.

These shoes are fully welted, and have three eyelets for lacing, and have the original laces, tag, and even a Tigershark Tooth on the tag string attached to the lace of the shoe.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Now for the business end, as of how these shoes are very rare vintage and the quality is far above many shoes, and who has a pair of Tiger Sharkskin shoes that have never even been laced or worn? From what I have been told, you cannot buy a shoe made of Tiger Sharkskin any longer. They are priceless...but for someone wanting them the price is not cheap....$600.00 shipped anywhere in the USA, and if anyone across the pond wants these, depending where they reside, I may consider shipping these to another Country.

Thanks for peeking, let me know if you want them or need any more information.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Take note that when you buy these shoes, you can make a key chain with the Tiger Shark tooth that comes on the lace of the shoe......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I know someone really wants these shoes, don't be shy now...they can't "bite" you regardless of the tooth! lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Have had a few nibblers on these shoes...please don't wait to pull the trigger too long on exercising your fingers on that pay pal account...you know my bank will love you for it, and well, give your feet an early Christmas present. I will even toss in a free pair of brand new socks that are just really nice ones...something as rare and nice as the shoes. You will get the shoes, the box they originally shipped in with the purchase information, the tag and tooth (poor old shark anyway, I don't think his missing tooth was as much a concern as his hide was)! and the red and black flannel (tartan pattern) shoe bags, the shoe trees that are in them, and extra pair of laces (Cordo Hyde, of course), the original laces, and a pair of great socks to go along with them. There is even a small square tag on the inside of one of the shoe tongues that denote information. These shoes have been well treated with Cadillac Boot and Shoe care, including the soles, so they are not going to be dry or stiff, and I put a really thin coat of one application of black shoe cream, hand rubbed in and buffed off with a new white T shirt.....the outer welt area also got a treatment of both conditioned and cream polish, and all extra was removed with a very soft tooth brush so it is clean, new, and looking like they should look. They already have a natural "shine" to them that in the sunlight could about blind you...You cannot find a pair of these with everything that comes with them, never worn and never even laced...the history as for what I can give is there as well. " Hallelujah"! from the Reverend as he would say, these are some just great nice vintage shoes....strut in style...so buy them and may the force, be with you!

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
O.K. so far the nibblers are not taking the hook, line, and sinker on these sharkies, so....to separate the wheat from the chaff, I am going to raise the price on these, as they are just that nice and rare, never worn, never laced....and as concluding after seeing some shoes that are along the same type but not totally "new" as these are, and with what all they come with, I am asking a new increased price, and of course still giving a very nice pair of socks to go with everything else....the price is now $750.00 for these fine shoes.....thanks for looking and if you are interested or need more information, please do send me a private message!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
WOW! I raise the price and these are now sold pending payment! WEEEEEE HAAAA! Actually I am happy for the soon to be new owner of these shoes, they will be good for the owner, they don't eat much and perhaps will never ask for your car keys, better deal than what you can imagine! Thank you for everyone taking a peek at these really great looking sharkies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vihnAK114N8

Last edited:

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
WOW! I raise the price and these are now sold pending payment! WEEEEEE HAAAA! Actually I am happy for the soon to be new owner of these shoes, they will be good for the owner, they don't eat much and perhaps will never ask for your car keys, better deal than what you can imagine! Thank you for everyone taking a peek at these really great looking sharkies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vihnAK114N8

I'm glad they sold. I was starting to think about sacrificing some toes to fit into those bad boys.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I glad they sold. I was starting to think about sacrificing some toes to fit into those bad boys.
Thank you, so you almost wanted to "feed the sharks"! LOL! I am sending the shoes out Friday to their new owner, (have another few items to ship also). I felt the new owner should have some extra items along with the things coming as it was with the shoes, so....a new jar of Meltonian 2 Black Noir and a new can of Black Lincoln wax, extra laces, a pre owned very clean and white soft but in great looking condition clothe "diaper", (yes I said it and use them on shoes for many purposes, they are soft and work great for cleaning or polishing), small plastic baggie with cotton balls for spit shining of they elect to do so, (they really do not need that much of work as they shine naturally very much on their own) ,one 3 oz. container of mink oil and one 8 ounce bottle of Cadillac Boot and Shoe Care lotion, and two pairs of tight weave and knit Cole Hahn dress socks that are no longer being made, one pair is a pale ivory with a light red heel and toe area, and they have red diamond shaped pattern on the sides (five diamonds from heel to the sock), and a pair of the same sock, only a more solid color of a soft yellow. I know he is going to be shocked when holding these shoes as the pictures just are nothing at all as to how nice the shoes really are.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy