Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rats!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Having grown up in NYC and worked in many restaurants for summer jobs I can assure you that rats don't just like Taco Bell. Rats are everywhere in the city, even the upscale joints. :eek:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, but these got caught on film and it played last night on the Tonight Show. I guess there was some construction going on in the basement and the rats moved upstairs.

Leno actually came up with a name for Jamespowers' observation on where they got their taco meat.

He introduced the new Burrato.

karol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Hmph. Rats ain't nothing. I used to live over an Italian restaurant where a full sized raccoon fell thru the suspended ceiling and landed smack in some tourist's plate of ravioli. What really upset the diner, I heard, was that the restaurant staff was so *calm* about it. "Oh, not again..."

Many cities and large towns will have rat infestations that are just mind boggeling. It tends to be poor handeling of trash that allows the rats to breed proliferously. And for some reason big cities and poor trash handeling just seem to go hand in hand. Rats are tremendous opportunists and their ability to travel in confined spaces is legendary, they will swim longdistances underwater and can do acrobatics to get where they want to go. They can be ferocious when cornered.

Rat on,

Barry

Practically Family
Here in DC there is a bit of a rat problem. There are two dumpsters and a number of recycling bins behind my building. My building abuts a large wooded area (govt. property). One Spring night I went to throw out some trash. I took a flashlight with me because the light near the loading dock doesn't always work. I walked outside, turned on my flashlight, and my jaw dropped. There must have been a dozen rats all over the place, a raccoon, deer, etc.

It was like an episode of Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom." I practically expected Marlin Perkins to pop out in a tweed jacket and start narrating. I just turned around and went back inside.

Barry

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
Rats are everywhere in the city, even the upscale joints. :eek:
Well yes, but typically you get one rat at a time. The little b*st*rds had taken over this Taco Bell. One pictured them wearing little rat-size paper hats and aprons, tapping the register keys with all four paws, rolling up tortillas in pairs like two men rolling a carpet, pushing their slower pals into the deep fry basket...

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I've only ever seen one rat in Denver, and no cockroaches. We have good rat control, and the weather takes care of most of the bugs.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Well yes, but typically you get one rat at a time. The little b*st*rds had taken over this Taco Bell. One pictured them wearing little rat-size paper hats and aprons, tapping the register keys with all four paws, rolling up tortillas in pairs like two men rolling a carpet, pushing their slower pals into the deep fry basket...

Those city rats don't mess around! But can you blame them? The Taco Bell dog looks kinda like a rat. They were just groupies!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
He's got groupies?
story.taco.ap.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up

Shearer

Practically Family
Rats? I can take rats, they got personality. Look at Templeton.

It's when you gotta take a hep shot in the bum, you stop eating fast food. :D

(True story... Burger King.... Infected line cook... Never again!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR