Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rave 'n' Rant

Lorena B

Practically Family
Protect & perfect N7 beauty serum & Lipcote

N7 serum, just one word: AMAZING
no matter how bad you look, just put a bit of this stuff and it really changes your complexion and makes your skin irradiate.

Lipcote: Lipstick staying power on its best

Gigit

New in Town
Benefit's Benetint Lip & Cheek Stain

I love love love this product. Makes my cheeks have a natural looking rosy glow and on my lips it also looks very natural. It lasts a long time as well.

Inky

One Too Many
Lorena B said:
N7 serum, just one word: AMAZING
no matter how bad you look, just put a bit of this stuff and it really changes your complexion and makes your skin irradiate.

Lipcote: Lipstick staying power on its best

What is Lipcote? Do you have some links for these goodies, Lorena?

Inky

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
Inky, i found it on the Target website.. it looks like I will be heading to my local target again.. lol..

http://www.target.com/Boots-Protect-Perfect-Beauty-Serum/dp/B000E793P2/ref=sc_ri_1

ooh that's good - of course we don't have a Target (well, there is one about 15 miles away but it's terrible and always has empty shelves). Doesn't CVS carry Boots too?

I'm very interested in this Lipcote stuff - seem's it a UK product

http://www.lipcote.com

but if it's great I'm willing to try anything - though with the Illamasqua Box matte lippie it doesn't want to come off my lips at all!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
LelaViavonie said:
Inky, i found it on the Target website.. it looks like I will be heading to my local target again.. lol..

Stupid Canada...I want a Target... The Shoppers drug mart here carries Boots stuff, but only the organics line...ya, because that's what oilfield workers need..ORGANIC stuff. :( :rolleyes:

Inky

One Too Many
Lorena B said:
Darling, you can find both on www.boots.co.uk.
N7 has to be the serum, pricey but i swear is worthed 1000 times.

thanks you Lorena! i read about it there and it does sound amazing - they sell it at drugstore.com here in the US as well so I think I shall get some - they have two, an "intense" and the regular one in case anyone else is interested.

I'm opting for "intense" :D

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
re:coil curl activating balm

This is a little more lotion than balm, but it works great with setting curls, as well as holding natural curl in heavier, thicker hair. My hair is naturally curly (loose, tousled curls usually when without product), and this helps hold the curl without weighing it down or making it feel crunchy, sticky, etc (what other products make my hair feel like).

Tried this once at a salon - combed hair out when wet, applied re:coil, scrunched hair a little and sat under a dryer for 20 minutes. The result was amazing - bouncy curls that kept for several days! I hope to try this again at home very soon.

http://www.aghaircosmetics.com/products_recoil.cfm

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Jennifer Lynn said:
Tried this once at a salon - combed hair out when wet, applied re:coil, scrunched hair a little and sat under a dryer for 20 minutes. The result was amazing - bouncy curls that kept for several days! I hope to try this again at home very soon.

Love, love, love AG products. They're also made in Canada, which is only a plus for me. They have an amazing purple shampoo, hairspray, and smoothing lotion, called Fast Food. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Joonie

Familiar Face
Gigit said:
I love love love this product. Makes my cheeks have a natural looking rosy glow and on my lips it also looks very natural. It lasts a long time as well.

Definitely a must-have, although I never got the hang of using it on my cheeks.

Joonie

Familiar Face
I'm in love with the tiny tins of Nivea creme and have them all over the place. Smells wonderful, richly moisturizes, and costs a pretty 99 cents!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (Conditioner)

df-aussie-hair-repair_300.jpg

I just tried this and it works really well on my hair. I left it in for about 5 minutes (my hair is long and thick) and it left my hair really soft.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Wet N' Wild Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow

wet-n-wild-ultimate-expressions-eyeshadow-palette-sand-castle-33oz_177717_raw.jpg

At $4.99 this palate is a great deal. The eyeshadows are smooth, well pigmented, and blend well. The colors work well for 40s and 50s natural looks.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Band Aid - Blister Block

More of a first aid preventer than beauty need, but it helps! Since I enjoy walking (especially at Disney World) I keep this on me when I decide to wear strappy sandals or shoes that rub. Keeps blisters at bay.

Anwen

New in Town
If anyone wants to try out the No7 serum stuff, Boots has an almost identical product in their Botanics range http://www.boots.com/en/Botanics-First-Signs-of-Ageing-Wrinkle-Reduction-30ml_35714/ - I compared the ingredients and they are almost exactly the same, but it's much cheaper. It's really good, I only have a few wrinkles and I don't exactly use it religiously, but they definitely seem less obvious now, and it seems to have improved the overall look of my skin.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Hummm, I will in London in two weeks, i will make sure i check that version.
I have the massive 200ml bottle ( got in offer in Stanstead airport, from £99 to £50 ( yes, £99 quid!!!!) and despite it was half price, i still think is very pricey for a serum so if it even does half of what the N7 does for less price, is most welcome to me!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner