Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-Introduction

ND1SU

New in Town
Guten Abend. (Good evening.) For those wondering: Ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch.

I posted here once upon a time some years ago, and then real life intervened with a vengeance - for several years. The old account's email is lost to history, so I had to create a new one.

I have started wearing hats again after a long period of not doing so. My favorite hat style is the bowler, and when I did my research on it, I was thrilled to learn it is not a particularly formal hat. So, I bought one and wore it with my regular clothing (a collared shirt and slacks - I do not own any jeans, and my t-shirts are for around the apartment only).

I'm also a throwback to the Jurassic age in other ways. I'm a computer programmer who uses fountain pens and refuses to wear a digital watch (mine has real hands, thank you).

So, here's a picture in that bowler. Glad to be back, hopefully with a much quieter life in store this time, and, if you're wondering, my username is my amateur radio call sign.

bowler1.jpg

The collection (* = items currently shipping):
Felt: navy blue pork pie, medium gray fedora, navy blue fedora*, dark gray bowler, light gray bowler* (bought because the first bowler was much darker than I really wanted)
Straw: shantung fedora, Milan safari, Toyo gambler with vented crown*, Milan fedora*
Cloth: navy blue ivy cap (cotton), off-white ivy cap (linen)

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Welcome back, Sir. Yes, sometimes life takes a U-turn or two. Recently I was "AWAL" for more than a year due to "turbulence" ;)

Glad you're back, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your new collection :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo