Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real great pincurls tutorial

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
What was that thing at the bottom with the deleted comment and something saying about "viper spittle"?

Good post though! Would love to know more about how she made the hair dryer hood thingey.
xxx

Antje

One Too Many
Rosie_Beau said:
What was that thing at the bottom with the deleted comment and something saying about "viper spittle"?

Good post though! Would love to know more about how she made the hair dryer hood thingey.
xxx

I'm also very curious about the hooded dryer

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
Thats exactly how I do my pincurls, except I use conditioner. It works really well. ;0)

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
bellabella327 said:
You might try a soft bonnet attachment for your hair dryer. They can be found at Sally's for about $10...here is the link.

Would that make my hair dryer over heat at all? Does anyone own one/knows how good they are?
I have been trying to give up heat on my hair for a while to get it back into some good condition.
xxx

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
I don't use it everyday. However when I use it, it does not seem to overheat my blowdryer. I know that doesn't help much, but maybe someone else could chime in!

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
I think the attachments are vented which moves the hot air out... I would think that that would prevent any overheating. I've never personally tried one though...

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Thanks gal's. I think there's a "Sally's" shop somewhere in Lincoln. I might hunt it out this Saturday. If not I guess there's always Boots.
If I remember to I'll let you know how I get on with it... And how my hairdryer gets on with it too. :)
xxx

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Hmm...I may give this a try. I don't like the feel of my hair with a lot of product in it, but then again without (and freshly washed) it feels almost too soft to style.

Sincerely-Dee

One of the Regulars
Rosie_Beau said:
Thanks gal's. I think there's a "Sally's" shop somewhere in Lincoln. I might hunt it out this Saturday. If not I guess there's always Boots.
If I remember to I'll let you know how I get on with it... And how my hairdryer gets on with it too. :)
xxx

I don't own this myself (I have a fold-away hood dryer) but I know that Argos sells a soft bonnet hood dryer. It does come with its own hair dryer though.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I got a vintage bonnet dryer on Ebay for a fiver and it works a treat! One like this:

3673492881_43024ee2c1.jpg

Mine is a pink Pifco and very cute!

I have to say I'm not keen on how her hair turned out - it looks a bit 80s to me - but I guess that's just the way she likes it.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
shakeshead
MissHannah said:
I got a vintage bonnet dryer on Ebay for a fiver and it works a treat! One like this:

3673492881_43024ee2c1.jpg

Mine is a pink Pifco and very cute!

I have to say I'm not keen on how her hair turned out - it looks a bit 80s to me - but I guess that's just the way she likes it.

WOW! That looks amazing! I want one of those now. What did you search to get it? Bonnet dryer?

Sincerly -Dee Thanks for Argos heads up. It's less of a trek than the Sally shop which I think is on an industrial estate on the other side of town shakeshead

MissHannah

One Too Many
I think I found it in the collectables section - if you do a search for 'hair' you get a page of some interesting stuff, including dryers! A search for 'vintage' in health & beauty/hair care/hair dryers yields good results too.
OMG I just found the perfect one for £4.99 buy-it-now! Sending you a PM!

Smuterella

One Too Many
I wonder, is it possible to just replace the bonnet part? The dryer I bought from a friend is working great but the bonnet is giving up the ghost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn