Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real McCoys Buco J-100 / LVC Buco

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I absolutely love the HH Dave used for my Buco J-100. Its VERY different to the HH Aeros uses. Not at all stiff and while I'd say its breaking in quickly, I'd also say it doesn't really need breaking in. Sadly my ignorance of the subtleties of leather is making it impossible for me to describe it correctly. The best way I can is to say its less stiff than Aero's FQHH but more substantial than my AL Jerky Horse. Not disparaging Aero or AL leather as I love my existing jackets but given the choice, I'd get any further jackets in the HH Dave uses anytime.

GregO

One of the Regulars
Waiting on my J100 from Dave as we speak. He said it should be finished today ... can't wait.

He told me his standard hide is 3 oz veg tanned, pigment finished HH from Horween. That's what I went with.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Waiting on my J100 from Dave as we speak. He said it should be finished today ... can't wait.

He told me his standard hide is 3 oz veg tanned, pigment finished HH from Horween. That's what I went with.

Interesting. My J-100 from Dave should be finished in a few weeks and he is using Shinki for mine. The switch in leathers must have been VERY recent.

Can't wait to see yours when it arrives. Be sure to post pics please.

dadonn

Familiar Face
I asked Dave what hide was used in my jacket- a 3.25 oz Horween horsehide called "mustang."

dadonn

Familiar Face
Horween has a ton of hides to be sure. I am looking forward to pitting it against the shinki since I just ordered another jacket from DD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ