Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reason to not trust sellers rather than hatters

theinterchange

One Too Many
Ummm....

What are you trying to say?[huh]

IndyGear's Club Obi-Wan has all the info you'd ever need about the Indy hats, this is a very limited [and somewhat under-informed] piece you're quoting as gospel... If it's info you want, try this or join Club Obi-Wan and get an overload of this information.

Daze

New in Town
LOL I wasn't quoting anything as gospel , just pointing out a discrepancy between a 'sellers' claims as opposed to the hatters 8)

thanks lots for the IndyGear link, it's very interesting stuff ( the bits about HJ not Indy )

theinterchange

One Too Many
LOL I wasn't quoting anything as gospel , just pointing out a discrepancy between a 'sellers' claims as opposed to the hatters 8)

thanks lots for the IndyGear link, it's very interesting stuff ( the bits about HJ not Indy )

Gotcha... the Raider.net is okay for movie related info, but their prop/wardrobe sections are usually ill-informed at best. And you're welcome on the IndyGear link, I learned more than I'll ever remember on that site.

Randy

Edward

Bartender
Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. If it's truth you're looking for, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall.

lol I paraphrase that all the time when I'm teaching, especially when we come to libel law and the defence of justification. I'm apoplectic at the notion that they would redub this a 'defence of truth' (as the Defamation Bill 2010 sought to do).

FWIW, I'd be extremely wary of buying a hat at GBP200 (currently around USD300) that the sellers advised to avoid wearing in 'heavy rain'. I'd rather spend half that on a bulletproof Akubra..... Surely spending that much on a hat you have to worry about getting caught in the rain in is a bit like spending a fortune on work gloves made from a delicate leather you don't want to use to do anything with.... [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff