Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing 899 11D and Frye harness 12M

Dennis Holt

New in Town
Hey guys..bad news. Just got in a pair of red wing 899's in 11D I ordered and after a couple days of wear I realized I got 1/2 size too small. They are good on length its just by the time I put an insole in em and a pair of boot socks my pinky toes are screaming bout an hour later. I've tried some break in tricks but it helps little. I know I can't return them cause I have worn them out of store and also cause of said break in tricks. Not that they are damaged by any means but they are no longer show room perfect. I paid $165.00 for them.

Also got a pair of Frye harness boots I've tried to sell here earlier to no avail. I never wear em so I would sell both the Red Wings and Fryes for $180.00 shipped standard ground. Red Wings have been worn for 2 days in clean environment. I did try to break them in by wearing them a little dampened and putting rubbing alcohol on the "tight spots". I realize I may be shooting myself in the foot by telling that but whatever. They are tough and heavy old school work boots. The Fryes are about 7 years old. Been worn a good bit but still in good shape. Actually never got them as broken in as I'd like to. So there ya go. Dang good offer If I say so myself. If anyone wants to make a different offer please speak up. Paypal and U.S. only. Thanks.

RedWingBoots001.jpg

RedWingBoots002.jpg

RedWingBoots003.jpg

RedWingBoots004.jpg

RedWingBoots005.jpg

RedWingBoots.jpg

fryeboots006.jpg

fryeboots005.jpg

fryeboots004.jpg

fryeboots001.jpg

illumin8em

A-List Customer
hmm, i am interested but i wonder what the alcohol has done the dye on the boot. i once got just a drop on a pair of Aldens and it immediately started taking the finish of

Dennis Holt

New in Town
I understand your concern and it was a risky move on my part. But there were no ill effects at all. The leather on these is very deeply oiled..to the point that it comes off on your socks and turns them a reddish brown color. So yeah...like I said, might be sabotaging my sale but I did want to shoot folks straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael